Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS annual consent to let fee introduced

hello,

A few years ago I was granted consent to let for a one off fee of £100 for the lifetime of the mortgage.

Now RBS are requesting an annual fee of £120 for this privilege.

Are they able to move the goal posts mid term despite the agreement?

Oh, well I'd guess that they can for future lettings, but not for your existing one, which you already have consent for.

Comment

could a new mortgage deal with them potentially allow for this fee to be introduced, even though I have "lifetime consent"? They have said, in writing, basically that banking regulations allow them to change figures actually quoted in mortgage terms and "any correspondence after". This seems absolutely outrageous as what is the point of a contract if they can change it?!

Comment

I presume you have a lifetime fixed interest rate too?

Comment

the rate is fixed for 5 years.

Comment

I would suggest you dig out any paperwork you have from when this was agreed and see exactly what it says, then see if this '' lifetime '' section really is what you think it is, if it was told to you via a customer services bod then i would simply forget it and pay up or convert to a BTL.

Comment

Originally posted by Relentlessuk View Post
              could a new mortgage deal with them potentially allow for this fee to be introduced, even though I have "lifetime consent"?
              I suppose that would depend on just what you mean by "a new mortgage deal"

Is it a new deal or a variation to the old agreement?

Any new deal/agreement will have new terms and conditions.
              Any variation opens the door for other changes to be made at the same time.

It all depends what you have agreed to in the new deal or variation.

PS. "Lifetime" in this sense meant for the existence (lifetime) of the particular deal, not for as long as you personally are alive.

Comment

With Fixed Rates currently falling I would seriously suggest you do a comparison of rates from RBS and other leading lenders in this niche sector.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• 90 LTV investment advice?
                  diseasex
                  HI guys, I'm new to this forum and new landlord.
                  I have 1 property I bought few years back at 75 ltv but since moved out and renting it, whilst still at residential mortgage.
                  I'm currently buying another house at 90LTV with intention to rent out and seek consent to let in few months....
                  22-09-2019, 18:56 PM
                • Reply to 90 LTV investment advice?
                  loanarranger
                  My Monday morning has been spoilt by the OP’s comments. This is a blatant attempt to circumvent the legal declarations made on mortgage applications. Lenders are not fools and it is my sincere hope that anyone who pursues such practices of buying with a residential mortgage and then tries to get a...
                  23-09-2019, 07:00 AM
                  AndrewDod
                  Good luck again with the swan
                  22-09-2019, 22:34 PM
                  diseasex
                  Gosh. What is it with these forums
                  My strategy is to own 2-3 90 LTV properties at any given time (if that's even possible) and overpay them quickly within 2 year fixed period to 75LTV then turn them to interest only potentially. Comprende? That’s not rocket science jeez. All you do is ‘what...
                  22-09-2019, 21:58 PM
                  AndrewDod
                  Yes, just like that...

You: My strategy is to own 10 properties at 90% LTV
                  Mr Bank manager: That sounds like a plan
                  You: The properties will be £100K each and I will pay £10K of that. The rental yield will be 4% and all expenses around 1% of V.
                  Mr Bank manager: That...
                  22-09-2019, 21:50 PM
                  diseasex
                  Do you know anyone that tried perhaps? Or is this rule written anywhere? I’m not trying to be rude, just looking for information.

​​​​​​​now that is hard to believe to lose property just like that...
                  22-09-2019, 21:10 PM
                  AndrewDod
                  No but lenders will care about that and your first 90% LTV is likely to be your last. Again, the best of luck.

A 50% drop on a few 90% LTVs mean that you are in the red to the tune of 40% of the total value of your portfolio. I'd call that pretty much "ruined" with no way out...
                  22-09-2019, 21:01 PM
                  diseasex
                  Thanks I’ve already done that. Even 50% drop wouldn’t ruin me, I’m placing a bet on certain area and not your business what I’m doing with my money and what’s my risk appetite or strategy to reduce risk

now back to original question: is having multiple 90 LTV mortgages possible...
                  22-09-2019, 20:54 PM
                  AndrewDod
                  Good luck with that small irrelevancy...... you might want to go and study a little economics and history as leaseholder64 suggests...
                  22-09-2019, 20:49 PM
                  diseasex
                  Yes. Then seek consent to let in 3 months.

If it's a car crash, tell me how.

I was actually thinking of buying half repayment , half interest only portfolio, but actually have more properties faster than saving for huge deposit and SDLT for BTL each time...
                  22-09-2019, 19:31 PM
                Working...
                X