Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loanarranger
    replied
    Baracus , the lenders valuer will have been required to provide a minimum of three comparable property sales and the prices achieved together with data on current property being marketed within a 0.25 mile radius of the subject property, in addition they do the same for rental property in order to support the renal assessment. If there is a mismatch then you will need to provide written evidence to support a claim of the property being undervalued.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Yes, I'd have thought so.

Leave a comment:

• baracus
    replied
    Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
    ...so you had better know the market value, if it differs from what you pay.
    I've got a few local EA valuations showing the current market value and the lender have done their pre-lending valuation - do you think all these things combined is enough evidence of market value?

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    This isn't a devolution in the will. This is a a transaction for which money is being paid.

If there was enough cash in the estate, there could be a deed of variation, that substituted the cash for the share, but I don't see how one could reassign it to the OP, without the original beneficiary losing out, if the cash value cannot be paid from other parts of the estate.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    There is no sdlt for transfer of inheritance property to beneficiary named in the will.

You may get some help from the executor ?

Leave a comment:

• baracus
    replied
    Ok so sounds like whether I take ownership of the house via my SPV or in my personal name, there's always going to be SDLT payable on the market value of their shares regardless?

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    Market value of their share.

Leave a comment:

• baracus
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    You would pay SDLT (but it would be based on the market value, not the amount you agree with your siblings
    On market value of the whole house?

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    You would pay SDLT (but it would be based on the market value, not the amount you agree with your siblings).
    Because you own a property already, the SDLT will include a 3% surcharge.

Leave a comment:

• baracus
    replied
    Aaah I see. So does that mean I will be liable for SDLT on the money I pay my siblings for their shares of the property?

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    It wouldn't be a loan, it would be an outright purchase from a connected person, so you had better know the market value, if it differs from what you pay.

Leave a comment:

• baracus
    started a topic Inherited property & SPV mortgage

Inherited property & SPV mortgage

Hi, newbie 1st time question so please go easy on my ignorance!!!

I've got 1 rented property under my personal name and my siblings & I have just inherited a mortgage-free family property.

They want to sell while I think it's a good opportunity for me to have another rental property.

So we've agreed that I mortgage the property and use that money to 'buy them out' of their share of the property value.

Question - if I setup a SPV company and do this via a SPV mortgage, is it still straightforward to pay off my siblings from the mortgage as soon as I get it (e.g. via a director's loan or similar)?

My concern is that I might be complicating that side of things by using the SPV.

(Yes I will be making an appointment to speak to an accountant about it too - but i just thought I'd ask the question here to see if anyone has any good suggestions / advice also).

Thanks in advance.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Yields going forward
    by gnvqsos
    As letting becomes more difficult with new restrictions and removal of subsidies and tax breaks,will opportunist landlords exit,sell properties and precipitate higher rents and yields?what is a good yield in these circumstances
    17-09-2020, 07:45 AM
  • Reply to Yields going forward
    by jpkeates
    There are flaws in most yield calculations.
    I agree with your approach - how much am I earning for the money I'm putting in.
    I base it on (post-tax) profit rather than income, though, so my return is lower than most people's calculations....
    18-09-2020, 09:55 AM
    by Kape65
    I'm not so sure it was a regional thing, more a national thing. As nobody was able to buy you could say the properties were actually worthless. If you had to sell then you were screwed.
    17-09-2020, 20:48 PM
    by ChrisDennison
    AndrewDod thanks for alerting me to this post, nice reading for a change

Kape65 you had some property the value of which dropped by 80%? Wowsers, where was that? Shittownistan?...
    17-09-2020, 20:38 PM
    by Kape65
    I calculate my yields this way in order to see whether or not they are meaningful! As I'm in the market to divest all of my BTL properties it helps me see the benefits of other investment options (and I must say nothing else comes close to 25%). What is the point of calculating yield based on property...
    17-09-2020, 20:36 PM
    by AndrewDod
    Well if I calculate yields based on a raw "what I put in my in" my annual yields are over 50% (because properties bought 40 years ago now have an annual rent half their original purchase price even with no mortgage).

I'm just not sure that is totally meaningful. Because I could...
    17-09-2020, 20:24 PM
    by Kape65
    I agree. I survived the 2008 crash where my property values dropped near 80% and I still own a property bought in 2007 that is worth less than I paid for it. I am under no illusion as to the potential risks of BTL ownership that's why I haven't purchased any in the last 13 years....
    17-09-2020, 20:05 PM
  • EWS1, mortgaging 2-story properties....
    by theartfullodger
    EWS1 , mortgages, Scotland.

I’m in process of slowly flogging off my properties (old age and health, not tax changes..). Sold one two-story house in the Scottish Highlands in February. It had external insulation, OK home report, mortgage happily acquired by purchasers.
    16-09-2020, 07:20 AM
  • Reply to EWS1, mortgaging 2-story properties....
    by theartfullodger
    Thanks very much both of you! Excellent as usual!
    17-09-2020, 14:22 PM
    by AndrewDod
    Kape65,

Well that's gearing. When you make a few % loss (on the total) you will lose 25% of your "actual cash I put in". Or when property prices slip by 1%. Nice mode of calculation when you imagine things can only ever go in one direction. But they won't.

There are...
    17-09-2020, 13:10 PM
Working...
X