Jeremy Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy Hunt

How is he allowed to avoid 100 k in stamp duty when if I was to buy a second single property I'd have to pay 3% premium plus the basic stamp duty as well?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...p-12415305.amp

Oh, well don't you know what 'Jeremy Hunt' is rhyming slang for?

Comment

Buy seven at once is the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by Kape65 View Post
        Buy seven at once is the answer!
        This.... If you have the cash/can raise the finance then there are plenty of tax breaks you could take advantage of... At times I almost believe that the rules were made for those with money....

Comment

Yes , the rules are made by MPs like the one mentioned by name.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Legal fees or cashback for remortgaging
            blinko
            Hi guys I'm doing my first ever remortgage I wanted to ask I have 2 products to choose from both are offering me a good rate 5 year fixed 2.1% £1,000 arrangement free with free standard valuation but one product offers free legal fees and the other offers £300 cashback which one do you think I should...
            16-07-2019, 17:18 PM
          • Reply to Legal fees or cashback for remortgaging
            blinko
            Yeah good idea thanks for your thoughts . I agree if i can get it done via proper solicitor myself for 300 makes sense too . I'll have a shop around and see what I can get for 300 maybe even cheaper lol...
            17-07-2019, 15:09 PM
            boletus
            From long bitter experience, I'd never use bucket shop conveyancers for a purchase.

Re mortgage cost me £400 from a real solicitor. For the sake of £100, I'd pay the extra, not just for the better service but also to build my business relationship. Just asked my solicitor a totally unrelated...
            17-07-2019, 14:49 PM
            loanarranger
            Much depends on the firm being used by the lender. By and large these firms are “ Conveyancing Factories” and you would be a case number with no guarantee of always speaking with the same case administrator. Much depends on how urgent you are seeking the Remortgage , I would suggest you get a quote...
            16-07-2019, 19:19 PM
          • Type of bank account for Service Charges
            deb_hyp
            Hoping someone can advise. We have a building that's been converted into 5 flats and we have set up a Ltd management company, which is run by all the flat owners. Each owner has a share in the company and we are all directors of the company. We want to setup a new bank account for collecting/holding...
            03-06-2019, 11:03 AM
          • Reply to Type of bank account for Service Charges
            eagle2
            Lloyds advertise a "designated client account" which is more appropriate than their treasurer's account. There should be no transaction charges,...
            12-07-2019, 04:11 AM
          • Reply to Type of bank account for Service Charges
            AndrewDod
            There is much more than the type of account -- It needs to be held in Trust. Is a legal requirement under Section 42

You need to get the words "trust" and "client" into the name of the account if at all possible, as well as the name of the property, e.g:
            11-07-2019, 21:09 PM
          • Mortgage Query - Buy To Let
            The_Fitz
            Good Afternoon,

Myself and my wife are looking to rent out our home that we live in. It is our only property and we are moving to Ireland but will look to return at a future date (maybe 3-5 years) to the property.

I sent in an application for a CTL a few months ago but it...
            10-07-2019, 12:06 PM
          • Reply to Mortgage Query - Buy To Let
            loanarranger
            I hope indeed that your wishes are granted, unfortunately Barclays have not been consistent in their underwriting assessments resulting in much wailing and gnashing of teeth , and that is me a broker.
            11-07-2019, 16:09 PM
          • Bridging Loan
            beakermoo
            What are the best sort of rates (set up costs and monthly interest rate) I can expect on a bridging loan. This is to pay off a mortgage (avoid a repossession) due to a sale on the property falling through just before exchange. The exit strategy would be selling the property which is being actively marketed...
            09-07-2019, 13:57 PM
          Working...
          X