Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible for me to start now?

Hi all,

I have recently had a strong desire to get into property investment and have therefore tried to learn as much as I can through books and asking questions, but I feel as if I am lacking one major thing: Capital.
    Is it possible for me to get a foot in the door with little to no capital? I understand for good ROIs I will need to buy BMV and modify the property to suit the demand but without cash what can I do?

Any responses will be much appreciated, Thanks.

Without wishing to appear flippant to your question , my advice is to save at least 20/25% plus sufficient monies to cover at least three months rental voids and then save for the light cosmetic works needed.
    Buying into investment property has to be considered as a long term investment , buying and flipping is much more difficult than it has been and when combined with the uncertainties within the property sector it isn’t something for the faint hearted.
    If you are serious then try and find an established investor who might be prepared to do a joint venture with you, the only downside is that the first acquisition might attract the 3% Stamp Duty Land Tax Premium.
    Best of luck going forward.

Comment

Investing without capital is like swimming without water.

You can use lending to accelerate growth in property, which makes it unique and assists those not wealthy already.
      But you need a reasonable amount to capital just to start investing.
      And, if you're starting from zero, there are lots of other things to sort out before you start an investment business - your own property and a pension for example.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I suggest you take a job in a letting agents office for a couple of years.

Comment

I do not offer to invest without capital... You may face lots of problems. First, have a capital and then you can invest. Much easier.

Comment

So take a job in an estate agent with lettings unit and after you learn the business and gain many contacts , some of your customers will contribute the capital required for starting your property investment company.

Comment

Does anyone watch the videos on Youtube ? Some videos are good for learning about investing.

Look out for a video posted ( on 27 Dec 2018 ) by " The Rich Dad Channel ". Its about how to invest in property without money ( for USA market ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCmeoSGEIgU&t=928s

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Let to rent or let to buy
                Propertygoesup
                I've got my only property let out as follows:
                value 215k mortgage 150k
                Rent 9k mortgage 4k
                Mortgage 2.69%
                I don't own a residence as still at family home.
                Confused about next move. I've got 75k cash available and borrowing for another mortgage around 140-150k.
                Do...
                21-03-2019, 18:11 PM
              • Reply to Let to rent or let to buy
                Propertygoesup
                I guess if I look at it that I own one property at the moment regardless of whether it's let out or not. Then what decision to take from there.
                buy second property and be leveraged 75% on each plus paying 3% sdlt.
                or paying off more of property one and having the surplus to invest in other...
                22-03-2019, 15:15 PM
              • Bungalow for a buy to let?
                Spartanlandlord
                We have 6 buy to lets but was wondering if anybody has any thoughts about the desirability of a bungalow as a buy to let? I know that bungalows carry a premium so the yield might not be so good but wondered if anybody had opted for a bungalow and for what reasons? Thanks.
                01-03-2019, 19:51 PM
              • Reply to Bungalow for a buy to let?
                RobR
                All of my rentals are Bungalows.
                My tenants vary from young couples to elderly retired and I have never struggled to find suitable tenants. The reason I like bungalows:
                1. Easier to work on for Maintenance purposes.
                2. They don't make them anymore.
                3. Suit a wider range of...
                22-03-2019, 14:37 PM
              • Reply to Bungalow for a buy to let?
                PJackson
                Just a rough estimate.
                10% for repairs, 12% for management, 10% for voids
                750 rent, 350 mortgage
                (750-350)*12 = 4800 *.9 *.88 *.9 = 3,421 = ~7.6% of 45,000
                22-03-2019, 14:18 PM
              • Remortgage Now ??
                mojo_scotland
                Hi, one of my properties fixed rate expires in August.

I am within my 6 months till remortgage. Would you consider getting an agreement tied down now in advance, with Brexit occuring in May ?

Personally i dont think rates will go any lower - possibly upwards after Brexit ...
                22-03-2019, 14:04 PM
                Propertygoesup
                Thank you kind sir I just have a short memory I think....
                21-03-2019, 19:50 PM
                loanarranger
                Propertygoesup , I don't wish to appear rude but haven't we already explored your question on previous occasions with many of us making what I think was constructive suggestions, I fear that others may be disinclined to respond to a repetitive question. Sorry to say this but I just wonder why.
                21-03-2019, 19:49 PM
              • Which property to buy
                Propertygoesup
                When buying property either to rent out do you have any no no's or must haves?
                eg some people avoid studio flats or flats in general due to being leasehold.
                In my area however you cant get any decent houses below 250k. My budget currently is 230k so I am just finding flats. I can get a...
                31-01-2019, 11:06 AM
              • Reply to Which property to buy
                buzzard1994
                As you mentioned living in it - buy a property bigger than you need, rent a room. Potentially £7.5k tax free....
                21-03-2019, 10:49 AM
              Working...
              X