Selling my only BTL quick sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling my only BTL quick sale

I want out of BTL as I need to put myself frst and buy a residential to live in.
    i can't borrow anywhere near enough with the new rules.
    I'm prepared to sell for a discount if another landlord wants to take over.
    ​​​​​​I can show prospective buyers that rent is paid every month
    The property is in a good area has a long lease and no charges such as ground rent or service.Has a new boiler.
    Can I do this and avoid a lengthy eviction process?
    Or could I sell at auction?
    Any advice appreciated.

I have seen properties advertised complete with tenants, so it's obviously an option.

My main worry as a buyer is that I'd need to know a lot more about the tenant before making an offer.

Plus i'd need to be sure that the paperwork for the tenancy was up to scratch.

Comment

Thanks. If I was to send it to auction do I need to prove rental income for prospective buyers? Would a new AST need to be written or can a new buyer take over on a periodic tenancy where the original AST has expired?

Comment

Occupied on a clean AST sells for 10-20% less than vacant possession in most areas.
        Do the maths.

Comment

Would an auction buyer prefer an ast or a rolling tenancy? The former gives both sides security but the latter means the buyer could evict the tenant quicker?
          10-20% would mean at 220k it would sell between 176-198k?

Comment

10-20% less than vacant possession at an estate agent sale.
            10-20% less than vacant possession at an auction sale.
            Not the best of both.
            Unless you are really desperate, sell with vacant possession.

Comment

Ok is it worth using landlord action or similar to make sure the process is done correctly ? I don't mind paying for a good service to get tenant out asap

Comment

I've never used them or anyone similar so really couldn't say.
                I'd have a very open conversation with the tenant about your plans, be very reasonable and then take it from there.

Comment

May be simpler to offer the tenant £3K to move out.?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New tax rule question
                    craig2222
                    I am just about to buy another property however I will be on the limit to go in to the higher tax bracket.By 2020 the higher tax will be 50000.By about 2021 I will be on 33000 with my job and income from property will be around 18000 to 19000. So that will bring to about 52000.Do you take allowable...
                    10-09-2018, 16:09 PM
                  • Reply to New tax rule question
                    Gordon999
                    Hi Loanarranger,

What does your UFML handbook say about UFML policy on offering mortgage loans for flat having leases below 70 years ?

and for leases with ground rent doubling up every 10 years ?
                    24-09-2018, 12:47 PM
                  • Reply to New tax rule question
                    loanarranger
                    A late Good evening Boletus
                    The CML no longer exists and has been branded including the handbook “UK Finance Mortgage Lenders' Handbook” Nothing however has changed in its contents apart from removing the previous name.
                    Have a great week.
                    23-09-2018, 21:54 PM
                  • Nobody is accepting my offers
                    platforminc
                    Hi All.

I am trying to be a newbie property developer, I operate mainly locally and what i am finding now is that despite the fact that i am offering the highest for properties, as soon as the dendors hear that i am a developer or simply put it this way (i am not interested in living...
                    20-09-2018, 09:55 AM
                  • Reply to Nobody is accepting my offers
                    boletus
                    Then you are wrong.

(Even though I think you are confusing this with repo sales.)

On that basis, any joker could put in worthless offers, chip on the survey, have a free punt on the market and waste everyone's time.

Question again to the OP-

Have you...
                    23-09-2018, 17:26 PM
                    Gordon999
                    I am sure if there executor is not selling the asset for highest offer, he/she may be committing an offence under the Fraud Act 2006 .

If the property is really good, OP should up his offer to motivate the seller and tell the estate agent to do their job..
                    23-09-2018, 13:23 PM
                    jpkeates
                    If it's a probate sale, they should definitely go for the highest bid (unless the time frame is enough to make that nonsensical).

The executor is acting for the estate, not what they think the deceased or potential beneficieries prefer, and an estate is unlikely to have a preference for...
                    23-09-2018, 10:02 AM
                    boletus
                    I don't buy that. I've bought to live, let, flip or develop for years without it making any difference.

The latest one from the OP is a probate sale, IME they nearly always go for highest/quickest (serious) bid.
                    23-09-2018, 09:10 AM
                    jpkeates
                    I suspect that the difference is that you're a landlord and proposing to let the property instead of developing it.
                    Lots of people would worry about the effect on their neighbours/friends when someone is planning to "develop" the property they plan to buy.

And some people...
                    23-09-2018, 08:55 AM
                    tatemono
                    I was thinking the same thing from our experience.

In the last three years, we've bought four properties and viewed many many more in the area where we have our portfolio. We've never once had an offer rejected where there wasn't a counter offer. In every case, we arrived at an offer that...
                    23-09-2018, 03:33 AM
                  Working...
                  X