Selling my only BTL quick sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling my only BTL quick sale

I want out of BTL as I need to put myself frst and buy a residential to live in.
    i can't borrow anywhere near enough with the new rules.
    I'm prepared to sell for a discount if another landlord wants to take over.
    ​​​​​​I can show prospective buyers that rent is paid every month
    The property is in a good area has a long lease and no charges such as ground rent or service.Has a new boiler.
    Can I do this and avoid a lengthy eviction process?
    Or could I sell at auction?
    Any advice appreciated.

I have seen properties advertised complete with tenants, so it's obviously an option.

My main worry as a buyer is that I'd need to know a lot more about the tenant before making an offer.

Plus i'd need to be sure that the paperwork for the tenancy was up to scratch.

Comment

Thanks. If I was to send it to auction do I need to prove rental income for prospective buyers? Would a new AST need to be written or can a new buyer take over on a periodic tenancy where the original AST has expired?

Comment

Occupied on a clean AST sells for 10-20% less than vacant possession in most areas.
        Do the maths.

Comment

Would an auction buyer prefer an ast or a rolling tenancy? The former gives both sides security but the latter means the buyer could evict the tenant quicker?
          10-20% would mean at 220k it would sell between 176-198k?

Comment

10-20% less than vacant possession at an estate agent sale.
            10-20% less than vacant possession at an auction sale.
            Not the best of both.
            Unless you are really desperate, sell with vacant possession.

Comment

Ok is it worth using landlord action or similar to make sure the process is done correctly ? I don't mind paying for a good service to get tenant out asap

Comment

I've never used them or anyone similar so really couldn't say.
                I'd have a very open conversation with the tenant about your plans, be very reasonable and then take it from there.

Comment

May be simpler to offer the tenant £3K to move out.?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Getting into buy to let before 21
                    jack_dickinson
                    I've been looking at getting into letting properties as a SPV would this be possible at 19 as some lenders are picky on age as it would be under a business which i'm a director of would this make it more likely to obtain a btl mortgage. The LTV would be around 70%. If anyone could shed any light on...
                    15-02-2019, 22:21 PM
                  • Reply to Getting into buy to let before 21
                    jack_dickinson
                    I am fortunate to have a well paid job I've been saving up to buy propperty I will make sure I look around or get my parents mortgage advisor to find the best deal. I do live at home and I'm not charged any rent so my overheads are low £20 For phone bill £80 a month petrol and car insurance is £1600....
                    18-02-2019, 19:03 PM
                    Propertygoesup
                    Do you still live at your parents if so do you have a plan to move out after one or two buy to let's?...
                    18-02-2019, 18:12 PM
                    loanarranger
                    You must be a remarkable person to be able to enjoy such an income; you clearly have your sight set on emulating your parents.
                    You mention two lenders with whom your parents have BtL mortgages with, as a broker I consider them as being mid range for consideration particularly Leeds whose Reversionary...
                    18-02-2019, 16:47 PM
                    jack_dickinson
                    Thank you for the research with a deposit of around £40,000 on a house valued between £100,000 and £120,000 should give me a LTV of around 65-75%. With a income of £32,000 before tax it attract lenders despite being 19. My parents currently have BTL mortgages with skipton and leeds I know I will...
                    18-02-2019, 14:30 PM
                  • If you were just starting out
                    Propertygoesup
                    Just interested in how to advise a 20 year old who is just starting out in the real world. They have left school and got an average full time job and can still live at the parents rent free for as long as they like.
                    What would your first financial aim be? Would all your savings go into a deposit...
                    12-02-2019, 16:29 PM
                  • Reply to If you were just starting out
                    hech123
                    I am not sure about this one. For the last 400 years property has always went up. There have been ups and downs but there has never been a consistent fall in property for a sustained period of time...
                    17-02-2019, 11:42 AM
                    loanarranger
                    I have done some research to try and help you in your quest to become a Landlord. The following lenders indicate a preparedness to accept an applicant with a minimum age of 18;-
                    Family Building Soc (BS)
                    Ipswich BS
                    Skipton BS
                    Kent Reliance
                    Furness BS
                    Leeds BS
                    16-02-2019, 21:47 PM
                  • Reply to If you were just starting out
                    PJackson
                    When I started I was going to work on a scooter and spending most of what I earned. But as my salary went up I started saving for a car, then a pension, then a deposit for a house.
                    I bought my first flat for £65k in 1989 and lost £25k on it which put me off investing in property for a long time....
                    16-02-2019, 14:53 PM
                    loanarranger
                    Borrowing via a Ltd Co will require a person to provide a Personal Guarantee which in itself requires that person to earn a satisfactory level of income to meet the liabilities of the company , a normal condition is being a homeowner and certainly irrespective of whether the funding is via a Ltd Co...
                    16-02-2019, 09:16 AM
                  Working...
                  X