Buying an apartment with 5 year rental income ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying an apartment with 5 year rental income ?

Hi Im thinking about buying an apartment for £88500 that's yet to be built but will be built by June .It has an option of coming with a 5 year fixed rental income.Is this true good to be true ?,Anyone else bought one similer ? Thanks .

Add up the five years rent, take that off the asking price, and that will be a fair price for the property.

Comment

Craig30 , Be very careful with such Guarantees , sometimes all that glitters isn't always gold, as JKO has rightly asserted there has to be a pay back for such a Builders incentive.

Like all new build flats , there will be a significant number of "owners" who could be seeking tenants and what you have to ask yourself is what would the rent be in 5 years time on what by then will be a worn second hand flat and will be competing with other flats both within the block but also in the immediate location: another key factor is what will mortgage rates be in 5 years and is it a viable unit. Given the price one thing is certain there is a ceiling on rentals and the rental stress calculations might prove challenging given that a surveyor will at the outset ignore the Guarantee and work on the market comparables and again when the time comes to refinance.

Comment

I agree with loan arranger.....why on earth would they offer a rental guarantee? If it is a decent flat in a decent location you do not need one - Now lets look at the alternative........Not a decent flat in not a decent area

Comment

Don't buy any lease with ground rent doubling up after every 10 years.

Its amazing you can buy a new property for £88.5K . Which part of UK is it located ?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.the property is in Preston

Comment

Is this a sale via RW Invest?

Comment

Hello I am trying buy to buy a buy let property via RW invest, Any advice, Many thanks

Comment

It was a name which came up whilst looking at the location and price band on Rightmove You must make your own decision with whoever you are negotiating with and whether you accept the terms under which you are agreeing to buy.

Comment

Many thanks, loanarranger,

Comment

how much is the monthly guaranteed rental ? i cant actually guarantee it but with £90k to invest i can show you properties that will rent for £500 ti £550 all day long

Comment

As indeed would all of the notable Property web sites indicate, It is all down to Research, Research, Location Location.

Comment

On their web site they are offering 7% net, which is very good. However, you need to figure out you are not paying extra in build costs, in order to get that return. If after 5 years the property reverted to you, what will you get in rent.

A family member bought a 5 year guaranteed scheme from a nationwide developer. It was good until they got the property back. The developer had rented it to students. The developer was paying the rent during the summer months. After the 5 years, it was re-let at lower rents, with summer months being empty.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Libor v Base Rate
                            VictoriaH
                            My present bank only lends on Libor. I've taken my last 3 mortgage out with them on Libor + 3.25%
                            Is this risky?...
                            21-10-2018, 18:08 PM
                          • Reply to Libor v Base Rate
                            Gordon999
                            I found this on the pimco website:
                            SOFR and other alternatives to Libor: recent developments

Over the past year, industry leaders and regulators have articulated tangible steps to implement alternatives to Libor, laying the foundation for markets to reference and build liquidity around...
                            21-10-2018, 22:38 PM
                          • How money is created :
                            Gordon999
                            Here is something everyone should try to understand : How money is created :

Money is more than banknotes and coins. If you have a bank account, you can use what’s in it to buy things, typically with a debit card. Because you can buy things with your bank account, we think of this...
                            14-10-2018, 09:26 AM
                          • Reply to How money is created :
                            hech123
                            Still watching but not a great beginning..............."The system which is ultimately responsible for the inequality in our society today. The system which has kept them atop the financial food chain for the last 100 years"

This all sounds very well if wealth inequality had...
                            21-10-2018, 12:49 PM
                          • Reply to How money is created :
                            JK0
                            I think I linked to this several years ago:

20-10-2018, 22:40 PM
                          • Which mortgage to overpay?
                            Wannadonnadoodah
                            I want to clear my residential mortgage quicker. Have an interest only BTL that has a £300 surplus each month after the interest is paid. Seems an easy question but then tax relief on the BTL mortgage payments comes into play. The BTL is in the name of a basic rate tax payer.

Residential...
                            20-10-2018, 16:17 PM
                          • Reply to Which mortgage to overpay?
                            Gordon999
                            You have £300 per month surplus money and can reduce your mortgage loan by £3600 in one year.

On your residential mortgage , you reduce your loan by £3600 and saving £72 interest ( at 2% ) next year

On your BTL mortgage , you reduce your loan by £3600 and saving £144...
                            20-10-2018, 21:44 PM
                          • Reply to Which mortgage to overpay?
                            boletus
                            Is this a trick question?

Put some figures in and all relevant info.

And please don't move the goalposts later on to reveal you are from the planet Zog, with diplomatic immunity and all rent is paid to an oak tree based in the Cayman islands receiving WTC.
                            20-10-2018, 20:14 PM
                          • help, what to do with mortgage?
                            logan5
                            ok situation is:

own a house that have been renting out and now want to sell. the house has been on the market for 9 months, which isn't unsual in this area. the tenant has now decided to move out and has bought there own place.

im now staring at an interest only...
                            07-10-2018, 10:01 AM
                          • Reply to help, what to do with mortgage?
                            rfph1
                            take out or extend the mortgage on your own home at a low fixed term rate and use the money to pay off the bighet btl mortgage ?
                            20-10-2018, 12:43 PM
                          Working...
                          X