Funding a deposit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funding a deposit?

Hello all i am after some genuine advice off people who know what they are on about, hence i am here!

so the problem i have..
    have found a property at auction, guide price is £200,000 but honestly i think it will go for closer to £300,000 (bare in mind i have not seen the legal pack yet so there could be some hidden secrets)
    It needs work but the bank have said i can have a mortage for £340,000.

Trouble i have is the deposit of 10%, if it goes for what i would say is my max £300,000 i would need to put £30,000 down on the day, the property would need work so want some cash flow so £30,000 plus fees is just not viable for me. The mortgage will accept 5% (ie £15,000)

so my question, is there a form of lending to cover the 10% deposit? Or even 5% of it if i was to win the bid? I don't really want to go for a personl loan as i am unsure how this would affect the mortgage aplication and of cause i could not just ring the bank up on the day to release the funds there and then.

sorry for the long post, just wanted all the info down.
    Thanks all!

A slightly tangential response, but this is a property market ripe for implosion with a lot of blood on the carpet.

If you really do not have capital to fund £10K here and there what are you thinking buying properties -- what exactly will you do when the roof suddenly needs 10K or repairs, or you need a new boiler, or a tenant stops paying for 2 months.

Comment

Don't buy what you can't afford. Simple!

Comment

I agree with Gordon, as a novice I do not believe you should be speculating with such a property, even professionals get caught out occasionally with cost overruns and if capital is tight your planned endeavours could quickly disappear.
        get back to basics and always have an exit route which doesn’t involve a distressed sale.

Comment

if you can raise a mortgage for such a huge amount, why are you throwing all your eggs into this one basket? The yield will be lower in comparison to a couple of properties a third the price leaving you enough cash to give you any liquidity you may need for the unexpected.

Comment

What are youthinking of ! ! !

Puting down £30,000 deposit, then borrowing £ 270,000 !
            Getting up to £ 1000 per month rent, but that goes to pay off your mortgage, and is not profit.

assuming you want to let it out ?, as this is a Landlord forum.

I started a business over the internet for £ 300 from my back bedroom, then sold the business 6 years later because it undercut everone else so it was bought to get me off the net.

Just stated another one, cost £ 50,000 over 2 years from my back bedroom, and many trips to the "States" but i recover my total outlay in 3 to 7 years, completly,

Borrow money to start a business where you have more than one customer per year ( one tenant stays 1 year = 1 customer )

If you want property overseas, I can give you 6 detached houses for £ 300,000, refurbished with tenants.
            I am not advertising, I am putting your business proposal ( assuming you want to let ) into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
              overseas, I can give you 6 detached houses for £ 300,000, refurbished with tenants
              where's that then?

this wasn't quoted from advertising by Blackmore Bonds was it

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mortgage News
                loanarranger
                The following article has appeared in one of the Mortgage Trade journals reporting on views expressed by the Association of Mortgage Intermediaries an influential trade body within the mortgage industry.

"Mortgage rates are likely to rise in the first quarter of 2016 as lenders look...
                23-12-2015, 19:43 PM
              • Reply to Mortgage News
                loanarranger
                CaveMan. In response to your question , suggest you either trawl through the Land Registry site for the Alert Service or simply google Land Registry Alert, this will immediately provide two links into the site or a link which sets out .the background to helping in Fraud Prevention.
                20-02-2018, 07:28 AM
              • Reply to Mortgage News
                CaveMan
                could you provide more details of this alert service....
                20-02-2018, 06:57 AM
              • Lease extension
                gymcrazy
                Hi, novice landlord/leasholder here - we need to extend our lease and I wondered what the process is to follow. Do we approach the freeholder directly or go straight to a solicitor?

If that latter, any recommendations in the London/Hetrfordshire area?

Thanks
                01-02-2018, 13:49 PM
              • Reply to Lease extension
                HP mum
                you do need a solicitor.
                Its a horrid process and you need money to pursue it. You will need to appoint your own valuer and lawyer; and most likely pay for the Freeholder's valuer/legal fees too. You should get a good idea up front of potential fees to be incurred by the valuer and the lawyer....
                20-02-2018, 00:35 AM
              • Clearing legal charge question
                HP mum
                A question cropped up in a discussion today: someone borrowed money and the loan was charged against a property.
                If that loan and accrued interest is then sold to someone they are effectively not buying the property, they are buying a debt - so is it correct that they do not pay stamp duty on...
                20-02-2018, 00:24 AM
              • Buy for Uni Mortgages
                Hollywood
                Hi all, does anyone have experience of buy for uni mortgages offered by Bath Building society & The Loughborough BS. My son hopes to go to University September and I am investigating the option of him buying a property for 2nd year onwards. in both deals the mortgage is covered (nearly) by having
                15-02-2018, 18:57 PM
              • Reply to Buy for Uni Mortgages
                Hollywood
                Hi All, thanks for your thoughts. its looks like an even split for & against, much like my own thoughts on subject.
                A bit of background on my situation, I'm what they now class as a portfolio landlord with 4 properties all mortgaged (50% LTV). all within 2 miles of home (Essex). it looks...
                19-02-2018, 20:01 PM
              • Reply to Mortgage News
                loanarranger
                Just to keep everyone in the picture particularly as communications are being received I thought you would like to know that Computershare has announced the successful transfer of £12 billion of buy-to-let Bradford & Bingley and Mortgage Express mortgages to new owners Prudential and Blackston...
                19-02-2018, 19:43 PM
              • Which real estate analytics do you suggest for your investments ?
                psujeng
                In zoopla
                (1) there is outcode comparisons
                (2) and outcode statistics.

But it is very minimal in functionality and so are from rightmove stats. Hometrack is slightly better but it stops at the city level.

Could anyone please suggest a real estate analytics for all...
                18-02-2018, 14:35 PM
              Working...
              X