Possible to buy second property?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to buy second property?

I have one flat let out value 220k mortgage 128k equity 92k. Rent 9k a year.
    want to know if its possible to buy a second.
    Last year i arranged the current btl mortgage based on my income of 30k iwas able to borrow up to approx 140k but settled on 128kfor alower rate.
    This is with natwest. I rang them again and things have changed they will only lend 101k for another purchase.
    I dont have any other properties.
    My income is still approx 30k.
    I have 20k in the bank and 73k owed to me coming back at 1.5k a month. Although i could possibly get 30k back soon which would increase my deposit to 50k.
    is there a way to get another btl mortgage through a different bank or broker?

Hi Propertygoesup
    Funding a second purchase is definitely on subject to the type of property being acquired and meeting criteria, the rental being sufficient and having a minimum of 20% and ideally 25% deposit immediately available. The fact that your primary income is £30000 allows full access to competitive rates within the BtL market rather than being restricted to lenders who have no minimum income requirement.

Comment

Hi loanarranger
      It appears NatWest no longer lend what I require, and they were one of the only banks who would consider me based on the fact I don't own my own residence. There was only a handful of lenders who didn't require your own residence. Are you aware which other banks allow this?

Comment

To start off , you can request your broker to approach TMW or Foundation Home Loans or Precise Mortgages, there are others but these should help you get going , unfortunately like so many lenders today , they are Intermdiary driven rather than direct to the public.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X