Remortgages timing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remortgages timing

Hi, I just wanted to understand how other landlords approach remortgaging on several properties, in terms of timing?

So, say you have your main residence mortgage, plus another BTL mortgage (or more), where you occasionally use equity growth towards buying further properties. Do you basically set up ALL your remortgages to complete on the same date and lasting the same period (or multiples of each other, say, so they expire together every other remortgage)? Then you can handle the reshuffling of equity in one go? Or is it better to remortgage at different times or with gaps? I'm just wondering how to best structure this, without a portfolio mortgage.

Thanks

What is the advantage and disadvantage to you of remortgaging at same time or phased out at different times ?

Comment

If you are remortgaging , then timing should not become an issue , as with all mortgage offers , they remain valid for at least three months and therefore it is entirely down to you as to when , subject to legal processes being complete when you want to draw down the monies.

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of whether it's better to have everything in synch, so you could have a chain of remortgages/purchases on one day? Or to stagger them, so you get one mortgage approved under current circumstances, before expanding borrowing in a further transaction? So you may not have had the first mortgage approved if they took into account the later borrowing at that time. Does that make my question clearer?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X