Remortgages timing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remortgages timing

Hi, I just wanted to understand how other landlords approach remortgaging on several properties, in terms of timing?

So, say you have your main residence mortgage, plus another BTL mortgage (or more), where you occasionally use equity growth towards buying further properties. Do you basically set up ALL your remortgages to complete on the same date and lasting the same period (or multiples of each other, say, so they expire together every other remortgage)? Then you can handle the reshuffling of equity in one go? Or is it better to remortgage at different times or with gaps? I'm just wondering how to best structure this, without a portfolio mortgage.

Thanks

What is the advantage and disadvantage to you of remortgaging at same time or phased out at different times ?

Comment

If you are remortgaging , then timing should not become an issue , as with all mortgage offers , they remain valid for at least three months and therefore it is entirely down to you as to when , subject to legal processes being complete when you want to draw down the monies.

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of whether it's better to have everything in synch, so you could have a chain of remortgages/purchases on one day? Or to stagger them, so you get one mortgage approved under current circumstances, before expanding borrowing in a further transaction? So you may not have had the first mortgage approved if they took into account the later borrowing at that time. Does that make my question clearer?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Compounded interest savings???
          johnboy
          I have heard you can make substantial savings on your mortgage interest payments (or extra off the capital) if you opt for weekly or bi-weekly payments instead of the normal monthly ones. Is this correct and if so is it as easy as just requesting a different payment arrangement from your mortgage ...
          20-11-2017, 21:02 PM
        • Reply to Compounded interest savings???
          Gordon999
          Nationwide offer an overpayment calculator for you to make a test drive :

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/product...ent-calculator
          21-11-2017, 09:15 AM
        • which mortgage?
          Eigentum
          I'm planning in converting a 2nd residential property I have into a buy-to-let in 2019. However if I, the owner occupy one of the rooms, what is the correct mortgage to have? I've read that with Buy-to-let I can't occupy the property, however in this scenario, what is the correct mortgage to apply ...
          08-11-2017, 23:21 PM
        • Reply to which mortgage?
          loanarranger
          Thanks for your very kind words.
          20-11-2017, 23:56 PM
          Eigentum
          loanarranger - this forum is privileged to have you!

Perhaps with enough information I won't pursue any 'soft credit foot prints' where it's deemed that the product isn't competitive enough for me....
          20-11-2017, 23:51 PM
        • Reply to Compounded interest savings???
          loanarranger
          In theory the answer is yes and initiallywould depend if your mortgage has restrictions during its initial incentive period.

It is not a common approach with many borrowers choosing to save surplus monies and ultimately making a capital payment off of the outstanding balance.
          20-11-2017, 23:19 PM
          loanarranger
          Hi Eigentum
          Yes I am proud to confirm my activities as my tag name suggests. I had been a lender for 44 years , a general manager for one of the top building societies and including 11 years for possibly the best lender for portfolio BtL lending and finally as a broker since I officially retired...
          20-11-2017, 23:08 PM
        • Mortgage appeal
          dominco
          Hi All,

I am appealing BTL application decision against a well known lender. They claim to lack comfort around where I got the money from to acquire so many (6) properties. I am surprised by this but also emboldened to keep pushing because my conscious is clear. I have already sent them...
          01-11-2017, 17:08 PM
        • Reply to Mortgage appeal
          loanarranger
          Production of these Bank Statements is a demonstration on your part that you are doing everything with your hands above the table rather than underhand.The lender might not want such additional documentation but it will help in establishing your probity.
          20-11-2017, 22:56 PM
          Eigentum
          loanarranger thanks for your reply, do you work in mortgages yourself?

"often the amount being paid is lower than that which would be achieved as a conventional Non Regulated BtL" - can you elaborate on this.

A quick look at Leeds BS suggests to me they aren't as...
          20-11-2017, 22:52 PM
        Working...
        X