Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eco-energi View Post
    Hello,

The best way to go about this would be to email to the contact given in the legislation and ask them. (last paragraph) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/809/note/made
    I'd really prefer it if you didn't contact them to be honest. the only thing that could come from it is an amendment to the legislation that would require you to renew it.
    as it stand we have enough expenses with property maintence than to go looking for more expenses.

Personally I wouldn't renew it unless I needed to. that being if I need to serve a notice. and even then I would argue that it was provided at the start of the tenancy.

Most people don't even look at an EPC. I personally never have done, even when buying property.
    EPC= Extra piece of Crop - you know what I mean.

Comment

If you have a tenancy that ‘rolls over’ from month to month, isn’t that technically a new contract every month? This would mean EPC to current standards would be required throughout?

Comment

Originally posted by Tgip View Post
        If you have a tenancy that ‘rolls over’ from month to month, isn’t that technically a new contract every month?
        No .
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

it doesnt "roll over", the parties "hold over" under the terms of an expired contract, it is still all entirely as if within the original contract and remains so until either party serves notice on the other, or the tenant actually vacates and surrenders

Comment

Zombie thread

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X