Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Venty solution

Hi all,

I'm thinking about installing Mr Venty in a couple of downstairs flats.
    http://www.envirovent.com/home-venti...ub-2-sub-wall/

Does anyone have any experience of these.
    If so was it worth it and approx how much did they cost?

I appreciate condensation and mould is a tenant behaviour problem, however I have some good long term tenants I want to help.

Many thanks in advance

One property has an envirovent fan fitted, it runs all the time and is supposed to speed up/slow down when the shower is in use. They are quiet expensive, however the tenant just turned the isolator off anyhow.

Our house, we have a Manrose 4" inline fan (MF100T) - i.e. LINK

Set the timer to 15 mins after light off, and that should remove all condensation with the huge flow... only works if tenant keeps bathroom door shut. Ceilings can be helped by using "Permawhite" paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Biffa View Post
      Hi all,

I'm thinking about installing Mr Venty in a couple of downstairs flats.
      http://www.envirovent.com/home-venti...ub-2-sub-wall/

Does anyone have any experience of these.
      If so was it worth it and approx how much did they cost?

I appreciate condensation and mould is a tenant behaviour problem, however I have some good long term tenants I want to help.

Many thanks in advance

I would avoid. There is an unused PIV system in my current flat fitted previous to me buying. It's unused as it's too easily 'short circuited' and never solved the damo issue it was fitted for.

Far better to fit proper extraction in bathroom and kitchen in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicco View Post
        One property has an envirovent fan fitted, it runs all the time and is supposed to speed up/slow down when the shower is in use. They are quiet expensive, however the tenant just turned the isolator off anyhow.

Our house, we have a Manrose 4" inline fan (MF100T) - i.e. LINK

Set the timer to 15 mins after light off, and that should remove all condensation with the huge flow... only works if tenant keeps bathroom door shut. Ceilings can be helped by using "Permawhite" paint.
        I can back up that manrose inline fans are pretty robust although cheap in price. I have had one running permanently in my cellar to provide through airflow. It is going strong 2 whole years later. Probably 50 years plus of normal bathroom useage and still going.

Comment

Hi

I had a problem with damp in a ground floor (Modern flat 2007 EPC B).

We initially replaced the bathroom extractor fan to a humidity controlled one, this did help but not completely cure the problem.

So we fitted a similar system nuaire flatmaster 2000, which cost £990 fully fitted including Vat, this completely cured the problem.
          http://www.nuaire.co.uk/products/cat...atmaster-2000/

So I would recommend purchasing a cheap hygrometer so you can see the level of damp and if it improves with your changes.

First improve the extractor fan and if that does not cure the problem go for the PIV solution.

Comment

I've yet to be convinced on the efficiency of forcing hot air out of a building which is what a PIV system does. I understand how it ressolves condensation issues but the by product is increased demand on the heating system.

I would suggest using a heat recovery system. It sucks out the damp air and brings in fresh filtered air but also recovers the heat from the out going air. Through the wall items are available. They also work in reverse during the hotter times by cooling incoming air.
            There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Originally posted by greennew View Post
              Hi

I had a problem with damp in a ground floor (Modern flat 2007 EPC B).

We initially replaced the bathroom extractor fan to a humidity controlled one, this did help but not completely cure the problem.

So we fitted a similar system nuaire flatmaster 2000, which cost £990 fully fitted including Vat, this completely cured the problem.
              http://www.nuaire.co.uk/products/cat...atmaster-2000/

So I would recommend purchasing a cheap hygrometer so you can see the level of damp and if it improves with your changes.

First improve the extractor fan and if that does not cure the problem go for the PIV solution.
              Flatmaster is the one fitted in mine and is useless. I think it pretty much depends on the layout of the flat and whether damp areas end up in short circuited dead spots.

It's a large amount to spend if it doesn't work compared to extraction.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X