Insulate timber frame wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a frustrating day today. I put up the battens to start tiling the corner of that soil pipe boxing, and then I realised my bath platform will foul the corner bead. I'll need to modify it before I start tiling.

PCDV0036.jpg

Comment

Just wondering how the economics of this is working out? I noticed that you first mentioned working on this bathroom back in September, during which time you'll have had no rent income - wouldn't you be better off just biting the bullet and getting a pro in? I'm not having a go - I've been there and done exactly the same thing myself, and when I'd finished I did the sums, including lost rent and my lost earnings, and worked out that I'd have been much better off sticking at the desk job and employing people to do the renovation in about 20% of the time...

Comment

Oh, you're right Eric. It's not economic. However, I am just nudging at the 50% tax band between £100k & £120k, so I try to keep under the £100k.

Also I'm doing it myself in view of the seeming impossibility of getting a tradesman to do a job the way I want it done. Have a look at my 2013 thread, for an explanation.

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...uch-swindlers/

Comment

Four tiles took all afternoon

Yeah, I know that sounds bad. Just it was these four around the fan ducting. I'd forgotten how long it takes to cut curves out of tiles.

PCDV0037.jpg

Comment

You must have a lot of patience to spend a sunny afternoon doing that!

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Phew. I just got in from replacing a shower fan that's only been installed about a year before packing up. The previous one lasted 35 years.

Before that I was tiling the corner of this boxing which was awkward:

PCDV0001.jpg

Now, I bet you're thinking: 'Why has JK0 used full tiles on that corner? He'll have skinny little bits to cut to go next to them.'

The answer is, I know, but I have found that even when using the tile beading, the sharp edges stick out. The only way to avoid this, is of course to use the smooth factory edge of a full tile.

Comment

Blimey fan AND window - you are spoiling your tenants JKO - do you provide a box of Ferroro Rocher too?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
                  Blimey fan AND window - you are spoiling your tenants JKO - do you provide a box of Ferroro Rocher too?
                  Ha ha. Well this is one of the few that does have both. In view of tearing down all the plasterboard, it seemed silly not to put fan wiring in while it was so easy to do. Here's today's progress:

PCDV0002.jpg

Comment

I'm on the awkward edge bits now:

PCDV0003.jpg

Comment

I was not able to post the finished pictures here as this thread was locked. As this thread is now open again, enjoy:

fetch?id=963537&d=1485448022.jpg

Comment

fetch?id=963539&d=1485448374.jpg

Comment

fetch?id=963538&d=1485448088.jpg

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X