X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactics for anti-mould refurbishment?

Having a property re-decorated.

The property has mould.

In other places have used mould killer and special anti-mould paint, but it has not worked. The mould re-appears. In one place they turn the place into a sauna.

Elsewhere, I did try humidistat fan, but too early to say if it is working or not.

Just wondering what can be done, where tenant have an aversion to opening windows?

I always confiscate the trickle vent shutters. Also the kitchen fan can be connected to a humidistat.

Nowadays I increase the sensitivity control of the humidistats so that if tenant does any more than boil a kettle, they will come on.

Comment

Positive input ventilation.

In my experience, it works every time.

Comment

My experience of PIV is poor. Single property, victorian flat conversion.

Comment

What's causing the mold? Is it only condensation? If you confident that it is just condesation then constant heat recovery ventialtion is the only thing you can 'fit' to the building to combat it efficiently.

I'm not convinced about the overall efficiency of positive air fans for various [technical] reasons that I can't be bothered to list out. One day I may look further into it but, as heat recovery works so well, there's no point for now (imho).
          There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Supply a dehumidifier and write a clause into your agreement that black sooty mould is the responsibility of the tenant and they will have to pay to have it removed if they don't use the machine or wipe down surfaces regularly - works for me!

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X