Is HIP required on private sale?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is HIP required on private sale?

Would I still have to have, a HIP, if I sell Privately or to Family?

Many Thanks

A HIP will only be required prior to a property being advertised for sale.

You will still require a HIP if you sell the property privately ( if it is being advertised ) if however someone approaches you direct and asks to buy your property, then a HIP will not be required.

A HIP is also not required for a tenanted property.

Two HIP's are required for walking or running! For which you can be charged double.

Comment

This is not really a Rental Property query anyway- better on Conveyancing Forum.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
        A HIP will only be required prior to a property being advertised for sale.

You will still require a HIP if you sell the property privately ( if it is being advertised ) if however someone approaches you direct and asks to buy your property, then a HIP will not be required.

A HIP is also not required for a tenanted property.

Two HIP's are required for walking or running! For which you can be charged double.
        You also need two feet- any more and it becomes a yard.
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
          This is not really a Rental Property query anyway- better on Conveyancing Forum.
          No anyone post's on there anyway, apart from you...so what the point?

But don't get me wrong Jeffrey, you're ace!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
            No anyone post's on there anyway, apart from you...so what the point?

But don't get me wrong Jeffrey, you're ace!!!
            Reason: because it's about Conveyancing.

Comment

sorry to continue this thread on here but why is a HIP not required for tenanted property??

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy35 View Post
                sorry to continue this thread on here but why is a HIP not required for tenanted property??

thanks.
                Don't know the reason. But if you sell a property with a sitting tenant to another landlord then a HIP is not required.

Comment

thanks for that. Something to tell my clients when they all decide to sell!!

Comment

"No HIP if subject to an existing tenancy" rule is in s.160(1) of 2004 Act.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X