Energy Bills to Overtake Mortgage Payments in 5 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Bills to Overtake Mortgage Payments in 5 Years

For 'Mortgage Payments' read 'Rent Payments'...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...ive-years.html

Now will prospective Ts start asking to see the EPC before they choose a property to rent, rather than just admiring the 60" TV which doesn't come with the property anyway?!

PS JK0 put this in 'Odd News Stories of the Day' (in TAB), but I don't think it's all that odd given the hikes in energy prices...and it's certainly not 'less serious'...
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Well, if they ask to see the EPC they'll be none the wiser.

See this post. Five near identical flats, five wildly varying EPC ratings, from 72 to 28 / C to F.

Comment

Aptly demonstrates my thoughts on EPCs. Off topic though.
      There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Gotta love misleading titles.

Guy in article (who's got a big agenda as working for a utility company) says "If they keep rising at the same rate, then by 2025 they would reach £3,761 – higher than current average annual mortgage repayments in places such as Stoke-on-Trent"

So that's in 12 years, and that's comparing the national average energy bill to the (probably) the cheapest place in the country... not to mention all the 'if'.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X