Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord123
    replied
    Many thanks for all the responses. I believe he is arranging the scaffolding although not sure if he owns the scaffolding or he will be hiring someone to do this.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Unless the plumber owns the scaffolding himself (unlikely), hiring it (even for a day or two) is going to cost a fair whack for a tower 4 storeys high.

Leave a comment:

• Landlord123
    replied
    Many thanks for responding. I am asking the plumber on the make and model of the new model. Will post back once I hear from him. Will check the link as well. The plumber was recommended by the porter and has done replacement boiler services for our development before.

Leave a comment:

• dcroissant
    replied
    Have you considered these folks

http://www.help-link.co.uk/about/latest-offers.php?a=uk

Leave a comment:

• Landlord123
    started a topic Boiler Replacement

Boiler Replacement

Hi all. Really would like some help. My old boiler needs to be replaced. Given the forthcoming regulations for boilers, I ask for a quote to replace the boiler and the other ancillary things (including getting a Gas Safety Certificate).

The local plumber quoted 3267 pounds. The job list is below. Do you think it is a reasonable cost? My flat is based in London (Zone 2) on the 4th storey of a residential development.

To erect a scaffold to facilitate removal of existing flue (4 storey)
    To remove existing redundant boiler (parts unavailable) -
    To remove existing hot-water storage unit + controls
    To supply + fit 30 kw Combination boiler in existing cupboard + connect to existing radiators
    To supply + fit scale reducer to mains water supply
    To supply + fit Fernox TF1 magnetic cleaner to heating system
    To test + commission in accordance manufactuer specification
    To supply + fit access panels as necessary
    To carry out Landlord’s safety inspection
    All redundant parts to be disposed of via ourselves

Many thanks for your help.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X