Boiler Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boiler Replacement

Hi all. Really would like some help. My old boiler needs to be replaced. Given the forthcoming regulations for boilers, I ask for a quote to replace the boiler and the other ancillary things (including getting a Gas Safety Certificate).

The local plumber quoted 3267 pounds. The job list is below. Do you think it is a reasonable cost? My flat is based in London (Zone 2) on the 4th storey of a residential development.

To erect a scaffold to facilitate removal of existing flue (4 storey)
    To remove existing redundant boiler (parts unavailable) -
    To remove existing hot-water storage unit + controls
    To supply + fit 30 kw Combination boiler in existing cupboard + connect to existing radiators
    To supply + fit scale reducer to mains water supply
    To supply + fit Fernox TF1 magnetic cleaner to heating system
    To test + commission in accordance manufactuer specification
    To supply + fit access panels as necessary
    To carry out Landlord’s safety inspection
    All redundant parts to be disposed of via ourselves

Many thanks for your help.

Have you considered these folks

http://www.help-link.co.uk/about/latest-offers.php?a=uk

Comment

Many thanks for responding. I am asking the plumber on the make and model of the new model. Will post back once I hear from him. Will check the link as well. The plumber was recommended by the porter and has done replacement boiler services for our development before.

Comment

Unless the plumber owns the scaffolding himself (unlikely), hiring it (even for a day or two) is going to cost a fair whack for a tower 4 storeys high.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Many thanks for all the responses. I believe he is arranging the scaffolding although not sure if he owns the scaffolding or he will be hiring someone to do this.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X