New EPC after works done to property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New EPC after works done to property?

If a property had a low EPC rating and has since had works done to it i.e new central heating system, double glazing etc. is it a necessity to have a new EPC done to reflect this if the property were to be let, or is it merely advisable as it will look better to tenants?

They cost up to £45 for a Five Bed where we are from epccompare, i'd probably just get one done to give your property a extra little boost in marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by HannahJackson View Post
      If a property had a low EPC rating and has since had works done to it i.e new central heating system, double glazing etc. is it a necessity to have a new EPC done to reflect this if the property were to be let, or is it merely advisable as it will look better to tenants?
      Not a necessity, but advisable assuming you use the improved rating as a selling point. Tenants might not ask about the EPC, but if you have a better than average rating (60% or above), then make sure you bring it to their attention.

If you contact the DEA who did the original one, he or she will probably agree to do an updated one for a lower fee. They will have a record of all the floor area & volume measurements - they'll just need to factor in the improvements and put it through the official software to arrive at the new rating.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I agree with mtg. If you've done improvement works - such that would change the EPC rating - then you should get a new cert done to reflect this. Again, check with the company that did the previous cert to see if they'll offer a price reduction.
        There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X