Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPC changes April 2012

http://www.communities.gov.uk/docume...df/2040232.pdf

A revised version of the EPC has now been developed and will be introduced in April 2012. The new document is a significant improvement on the current version. The changes that have been made include:

more graphics and white space;

a single energy efficiency graph on the front page;

significantly reduced text;

clear signposting to the Green Deal;

indicating which recommendations could be funded through the Green Deal;

greater focus on potential financial savings;

recommended improvements nearer the front of the document;

text of less immediate interest moved to the back page.

Fortunately existing EPC's are still valid for their 10 years.

I still don't see why my ski chalet at Aviemore now needs to have an enhanced one. It's only let out for two months during the season and all the lighting/heating costs are included anyway.
    -At least it's tax deductable

Originally posted by boletus View Post
    I still don't see why my ski chalet at Aviemore now needs to have an enhanced one. It's only let out for two months during the season and all the lighting/heating costs are included anyway.
    Sorry, this bit is nonsense (the rest is correct). I need to stop posting after returning from the pub!

Comment

I thought it was an early April Fool scam.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
        I thought it was an early April Fool scam.
        Well I was rather hoping for a bit of righteous indignation from Islandgirl, following her post on the other thread.

Obviously not the type to be taken in by a drunken February fool.

Comment

This is all very disappointing.

I was rather hoping you did have a ski chalet in Aviemore, then I could have cadged a free holiday in it.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Here comes the righteous indignation Boletus (happy to take any chance to have a go at EPCs even if the opportunity arises from some drunken February fool-ness)
            More white space? It should all be white space - a blank sheet of paper would be just as much use..."Text of less immediate interest moved to the back page" - that page will be a bit crowded then won't it?
            He may have a chalet in Aviemore MTG - it was perhaps the bit about including heating and lighting which was the result of drunken misjudgement?
            Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Thanks for that Islandgirl. I'm quite righteousitatedly indignated myself, owning the best part of a grands 'worth' of EPC's (none in Aviemore, sorry MTG).

Actually, IMO, the idea of EPC's isn't a bad one, it's the wasted money, lack of knowledge of assessors, implementation and the useless finished product that lets it down. Unsurprisingly, the large majority of landlords carry out none of the recommended changes following an EPC.

This also seems to be acknowledged to a limited extent by the fact that if DEA's want to keep practising, they now have to undertake further training, covering amongst other things;

better overall knowledge of principles of building structure, elements and fabric;

better understanding of the interaction between building fabric and services;

They have a long way to go.

A further change is in enforcement;

http://www.trethowans.com/news_resou...th_april_4287/

the powers of Trading Standards will be increased so that their officers will have new powers enabling them to force not just sellers and landlords, but persons acting on their behalf (e.g Estate Agents and Letting Agents), to produce proof of commission, or as appropriate, an actual copy of the EPC, for inspection

As most private landlords don't bother with EPC's, it will be interesting to see if this has any effect.

Comment

I welcome the 'other things' referred to Boletus as recently I have had to instruct an EPC provider with knowledge of the material known as Thinsulex and its properties. I can't believe I paid £75 + vat for his service - the only property I did not have an EPC on.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post
                  Sorry, this bit is nonsense (the rest is correct). I need to stop posting after returning from the pub!
                  What do they do for the 6 weeks of that that aren't part of the season, and is Flippin 'Eck planning to build a wind farm on it?

;-)

ML
                  (who has been to Aviemore)
                  Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

Were you with me in the pub last night ML?

Comment

Dont get me started about wind factories - you will need to go to the pub after I have finished my rant!
                      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X