Communal area carpets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communal area carpets

We are updating the communal areas in our block of flats. Can anyone point me in the direction of a company (preferably with a website) that supplies carpets for communal areas.

Many thanks.

Any reputable local supplier can assist but bear in mind that when getting quotes you need to be comparing similar carpets from different suppliers, and ensuring that you get a good quality underlay especially for any area that is heavily used, eg main lobby.

It might be sensible to look at different carpet in such areas, if they might wear out much sooner than upper floors.

Don't forget that if any one flat is going to contribute more than £250(even if via the reserve/sinking fund) you msut consult under "section 20".
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Thanks. S20 all sorted.

Do you know of any websites though? I need to propose some options with pics and rough prices.

Comment

Originally posted by freenote View Post
        Thanks. S20 all sorted.

Do you know of any websites though? I need to propose some options with pics and rough prices.
        Any reputable local supplier as suggested, you could be anywhere..

The CFA should be able to help. Ideally you should settle on one carpet at £x per m2inc underlay and at least two quotes for that carpet.

http://www.cfa.org.uk/directory.php
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Much appreciated

Comment

I have used "Austins" in the past - they're on the web - and found them to be keenly priced for decent products. That's not a specific recommendation - there may be others who are better.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X