How to soundproof a room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to soundproof a room

I would like to find out what is the best way to soundproof a partition wall between two rooms for renting purpose. I have a through lounge at the moment and planning to build a wall between two receptions and rent out one room. The reception 1 will be used by my family consisting of two young children who create a lot of noise and what I am trying to achieve if possible is to build a sound proofing wall to minimise the noise level otherwise it will be difficult to rent out. Can anyone advice me is there any solution for this problem?

If yes, what is maximum sound in DB can be blocked using the most appropriate system and how much will it cost?

Your help and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Originally posted by Rohit15 View Post
    I would like to find out what is the best way to soundproof a partition wall between two rooms for renting purpose. I have a through lounge at the moment and planning to build a wall between two receptions and rent out one room. The reception 1 will be used by my family consisting of two young children who create a lot of noise and what I am trying to achieve if possible is to build a sound proofing wall to minimise the noise level otherwise it will be difficult to rent out. Can anyone advice me is there any solution for this problem?

If yes, what is maximum sound in DB can be blocked using the most appropriate system and how much will it cost?

Your help and guidance will be highly appreciated.
    I don't know the specific answers to your questions but I think you would be advised to speak to the planning and building officers at your council who might have views and advice to offer on what you propose. You will need to ensure the room you create meets current building regs (even if the through lounge was two rooms originally) and current fire regs. The building standards person will be able to advise you as to soundproofing methods/regulations, where appropriate.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X