Finding EPC report ref numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding EPC report ref numbers

I had EPCs carried on on 4 flats in 2008 by Hip Systems Ltd. They gave me a weblink and what they called a Unique PAC Code to retrieve my EPCs. Whenever I needed to give anyone the EPC I would email them the link and the code.

They have now ceased trading and closed their website and the Unique PAC codes are useless. I need the report numbers.

I have tried getting the EPC report reference numbers via the EPC Register Operators but they replied saying they will only release info to an energy assessor and forwarded me the contact details of the individual who carried out the assessments. Unfortunately the email address is no longer functional and the phone number has been allocated to someone else.

Any clever ideas for getting the correct codes?
    Assume I know nothing.

Did no-one to whom you forwarded the link save one electronically, or print one off?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I always get epc's emailed to me and keep them on BT's email ready to send to any person who needs to see them. Saves loads of time and can be accessed by me from any computer no matter where I am in the world.

Brixtonia - did you use a letting agent and send them one - chances are it will still be on file.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Thanks - I don't normally use letting agents. (Funnily enough, the only one which is let through an agent has no EPC. not sure how that happened). Will definitely keep the right bit on file in the future. I had thought the codes I was issued with were permanent access codes. Doh.
        Assume I know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brixtonia View Post
          Any clever ideas for getting the correct codes?
          Have you tried this?:
          https://www.epcregister.com/lostReport.html

Comment

But that site will only allow owners access to the EPCs for their property if they know the report reference numbers, which is what OP has lost. In that case, the EPC authorities will only give you the contact details of the assessor who carried out your EPC(s), not their report reference number(s). IN OP's case, the assessor has disappeared off the radar.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
              But that site will only allow owners access to the EPCs for their property if they know the report reference numbers, which is what OP has lost. In that case, the EPC authorities will only give you the contact details of the assessor who carried out your EPC(s), not their report reference number(s). IN OP's case, the assessor has disappeared off the radar.
              Don't think so - one of the questions asked on the above link is "Tick this box if you have lost your EPC report or RRN (Report Reference Number)". All the other questions asked appear to be ones for which the OP will have a valid answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
                Don't think so - one of the questions asked on the above link is "Tick this box if you have lost your EPC report or RRN (Report Reference Number)". All the other questions asked appear to be ones for which the OP will have a valid answer.
                Apologies, in that case!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
                  'Fraid not. They reply with the following email:

"Under the current EPBD regulations, the Register Operator can only disclose the EPC Report Reference Number to an approved energy assessor. In this case the energy assessor that produced the most recent EPC is ... and can be contacted on ...."

Unfortunately all the contact details were out of date. I spoke to Landmark (who run the ref number retrieval site) and they would not give me the ref numbers unless I was a registered assessor.
                  Assume I know nothing.

Comment

UPDATE: have tracked the chap down and he is forwarding me the numbers by email today.
                    Assume I know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brixtonia View Post
                      UPDATE: have tracked the chap down and he is forwarding me the numbers by email today.
                      That's good news. Well done!

Comment

MTG
                        Tried to PM you but your mailbox needs a little maintenance! Thanks for your and B's help. Much appreciated.
                        Assume I know nothing.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X