Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    Thanks LHA.

I kept telling her to ventilate, but it didn't do any good.
    That sounds like something Les Dawson might have said!

(You remember, that celebrated French family of comics...)
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Seal Spout Aerator?

I just bought a new one of these to replace one my tenant removed:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008HT78H...1_3p_M3T1_dp_1

I'm blowed if I can get the thread sealed. I have tried PTFE tape & Boss Green, but the water still keeps dribbling down the neck of the tap due to the leaking thread. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Is the O ring insufficient or maybe the thread not long enough - pic suggests that but it might be the graphic. I might try seating O ring in with stixall or plumbers gold.

since changing format again my print has gone very small on LLZ - anyone else getting this?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Thanks Interlaken.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
            I'm blowed if I can get the thread sealed. I have tried PTFE tape & Boss Green, but the water still keeps dribbling down the neck of the tap due to the leaking thread. What am I doing wrong?
            Could be wrong, but don't those need to be used with a fibre washer - this sort of thing? If so, could be missing or damaged...?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
              Could be wrong, but don't those need to be used with a fibre washer - this sort of thing? If so, could be missing or damaged...?
              Thanks Eric. There is a rubber washer, but that didn't seem to do anything. I have now replaced the Aerator with a different type that doesn't swivel, and that sealed okay with PTFE tape. I begin to wonder if my other one was faulty.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X