Grant for cavity insulation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant for cavity insulation

I see so much info. about on this. Got a back bedroom, 3 external walls. Looking to cavity insulate, can you get a grant? Any thoughts on approx. cost as don't fancy hard selling salesman though 1 x room may not be enough business to interest any company.

Cheers.

Simon

I don't know, but you could try reading this site:

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by blighty View Post
      I see so much info. about on this. Got a back bedroom, 3 external walls. Looking to cavity insulate, can you get a grant? Any thoughts on approx. cost as don't fancy hard selling salesman though 1 x room may not be enough business to interest any company.

Cheers.

Simon
      It is not usually practical to just insulate a singe room as the cavities cover the entire exterior wall - no way of keeping the insulation in just one area.

Grants are available for those on benefits, but the cost isn't huge if you pay for it yourself - a small 3-bed in my area is around £150.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X