Suggestion for renaming this forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for renaming this forum

Now that HIPs are no longer obligatory, perhaps this thread could concentrate on those measures which are, and be re-named 'EPCs/Energy Efficiency Matters'.

It's a serious suggestion and I hope the Editor will consider it.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Better. Government unnecessary form filling. (GUFF).
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
      Better. Government unnecessary form filling. (GUFF).
      Blimey. Scrooge had nothing on you!

Go and massage the cat or something?
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        Now that HIPs are no longer obligatory, perhaps this thread could concentrate on those measures which are, and be re-named 'EPCs/Energy Efficiency Matters'.

It's a serious suggestion and I hope the Editor will consider it.
        Perhaps 'Energy Reports (and former HIPs/HCRs)'.
        The now-abolished requirements might still be relevant (e.g. re any prosecutions still pending for non-compliance).
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Blimey. Scrooge had nothing on you!
          Scrooge was an amateur! I woulda roasted Tiny Tim, wiv all the trimmings, an' I would uv had his good drumstick for me dinner.
          I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Then Tiny Tim would never have had the chance to Tiptoe Through the Tulips. See http://uk.ask.com/web?q=tiny+tim+%22...=196&o=0&l=dir
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
              Perhaps 'Energy Reports (and former HIPs/HCRs)'.
              The now-abolished requirements might still be relevant (e.g. re any prosecutions still pending for non-compliance).
              Why 'Energy Reports'? Assuming you are referring to Energy Performance Certificates, why not just call them EPCs, as that is their correct name?

I didn't just mean EPCs, though. I have long felt we could usefully have a forum on questions to do with property design, maintenance and improvement, including energy efficiency measures such as insulation, windows/double glazing, upgrading of boilers, green technology, etc. It could also deal with all those questions about how to combat damp/condensation - a right old chestnut, I think you'll agree! There have also been quite a number of questions relating to design in tenanted properties : showers versus baths, decorating, locks, windows, heating systems, Saniflo systems, etc. And whether LLs agree with the requirement to have EPCs or not, the fact remains that a well-designed, well maintained and energy efficient property is generally more profitable than a draughty, poorly-insulated one. Strangely enough, tenants seem to prefer the former

If we had a forum for queries/tips/comments on these kinds of things, it might free 'Residential Lettings' up a little for questions relating more to the legal/administrative and 'human' aspects of letting. Plus, I could get to share my experiences of low-level plumbing.

Editor : please consider this suggestion seriously. Thank you!

Comment

Why 'Energy Reports'? Assuming you are referring to Energy Performance Certificates, why not just call them EPCs, as that is their correct name?
                Because they're called something else for commercial lettings, I think.

Comment

Because they're called something else for commercial lettings, I think.
                  I see - thank you for explaining. Well, perhaps the title could include both.

Comment

I didn't just mean EPCs, though. I have long felt we could usefully have a forum on questions to do with property design, maintenance and improvement, including energy efficiency measures such as insulation, windows/double glazing, upgrading of boilers, green technology, etc. It could also deal with all those questions about how to combat damp/condensation - a right old chestnut, I think you'll agree! There have also been quite a number of questions relating to design in tenanted properties : showers versus baths, decorating, locks, windows, heating systems, Saniflo systems, etc. And whether LLs agree with the requirement to have EPCs or not, the fact remains that a well-designed, well maintained and energy efficient property is generally more profitable than a draughty, poorly-insulated one.
                    So what might such forum's name be, then? Perhaps 'Property design, repairs, improvements, and Energy Reports'?
                    Anyway, LZ seems to have beaten you to it during today- name already changed to 'Energy Reports EPC - late HIPs/HCRs'!

Comment

So what might such forum's name be, then? Perhaps 'Property design, repairs, improvements, and Energy Reports'?
                      Yes, something like that. I would suggest : 'EPCs and energy efficiency, property design, repairs and improvements' (on the grounds that queries about ERs for commercial properties will probably end up in the Commercial Lettings forum anyway).

Comment

Energy Reports (commercial) do have more in common with EPCs, however.

Comment

Energy Reports (commercial) do have more in common with EPCs, however.
                          OK: ERs, EPCs and energy efficiency, etc.

Comment

OK: ERs, EPCs and energy efficiency, etc.
                            Near enough to the new title already implemented by LZ.

Comment

Near enough to the new title already implemented by LZ.

Not really, because the new title does not mention the 'etc' (property design, repairs and improvements)!

Don't worry - I get the message. Suggestions clearly not welcome! Rien ne change.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X