Kitchen Worktop Suitable for Student Property?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    One of the best tips I've had for improving dishwasher performance came from an engineer who came out to repair ours once, when over a long period, was just refusing to get stuff clean despite ensuring all the filters were clear, etc.

Having removed the covers, it became apparent that the tubes through which the water was transported around the casing were thoroughly clogged with all manner of grease, gunk etc - really nasty. He said we should be running the machine empty and very hot every couple of months or so using those one of thise 'deep clean' detergent bottles, which being quite expensive I'd hitherto ignored as being just another bit of manufacturer's BS to help part me from more of my hard-earned - however, the guy was totally right.

We use them regularly these days, and never have a problem with mucky washing up (except sometimes when she sets it going; because as everyone knows, girls don't know how to load a dishwasher properly...)

Agree with this, also washing machine should be put on boil wash at least once a month especially if you use liquid detergent and/or fabric conditioner as these "gunk" the pipes up.
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    W.Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
      Agree with this, also washing machine should be put on boil wash at least once a month
      Can this be done with the machine empty, or do you have to put some token laundry in it? (not sure I have anything apart from tea towels which would survive a boil wash).

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
        Can this be done with the machine empty, or do you have to put some token laundry in it? (not sure I have anything apart from tea towels which would survive a boil wash).
        I was told by a Hotpoint engineer to put a tea towel in a boiling wash but I don't see what purpose it serves.

Maybe someone could shed some light on the reason for this.

Comment

It makes the tea-towel clean.
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
            I think the idea is to run it empty of laundry.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by roryl View Post
              I was told by a Hotpoint engineer to put a tea towel in a boiling wash but I don't see what purpose it serves.

Maybe someone could shed some light on the reason for this.
              Perhaps he had caught sight of your tea-towel

After all, you are a student, aren't you?
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Less-serious posts (about Calendars, whether WI or otherwise) have been moved to http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ad.php?t=29444.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X