Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIP for property on market since 2007

Could someone please assist me.

I am buying a property and the seller is saying the property has been on the market continuously since 2007 and therefore he does not have to give me a HIP. Is this correct. If so, can I ask him to prove it or must I simply take his word for it.

Thank you.

Originally posted by mo999 View Post
    Could someone please assist me.

I am buying a property and the seller is saying the property has been on the market continuously since 2007 and therefore he does not have to give me a HIP. Is this correct. If so, can I ask him to prove it or must I simply take his word for it.

Thank you.
    HIPs were introduced in England and Wales by phasing in 4+ beds on 01/08/07, 3 beds - 10/09/07 and all properties from 14/12/07, so if the seller marketed his property continuously since the appropriate date then a HIP would not be required but he would need to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Also note that the HIP regs allow for a seller to take his property off the market and then re-market it within the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by jules123 View Post
      HIPs were introduced in England and Wales by phasing in 4+ beds on 01/08/07, 3 beds - 10/09/07 and all properties from 14/12/07, so if the seller marketed his property continuously since the appropriate date then a HIP would not be required but he would need to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Also note that the HIP regs allow for a seller to take his property off the market and then re-market it within the first year.
      I would advise you seek confirmation of continuous marketing from the Vendors Estate Agent.

Comment

Thank you for your kind help.

Comment

Its actually in a nice location and in good condition. That's what makes me think he is fibbing about the date of marketing. I just throught there might be something I could do but I think I will just ask my solicitor to undertake his own searches.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by mo999 View Post
            Its actually in a nice location and in good condition. That's what makes me think he is fibbing about the date of marketing. I just throught there might be something I could do but I think I will just ask my solicitor to undertake his own searches.

Thanks for all the help.
            Wait and see if the Tories abolish HIPS? They are scrambling in an unseemly way into Downing St as I write!
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X