Lettings company's free EPCs (north-east England)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    Most children do have two parents, I'll allow.
    Where these actually are (esp. recalcitrant fathers not enthusiastic about CSA demands) is quite another question.
    Me, make sweeping statements? As if I ever do that...
    OK, Mr Nitpicky. I'll re-phrase...'children who live in a two-parent family'. Better?

And if we want to be really pedantic (as if!), all children have two parents, not just 'most'. The second parent may be dead or absent, but as far as I know, no cloned human exists yet.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Ah, but the mad scientists haven't told us yet...

PEDANTS' NEWS:
      all children have two parents sounds as if the same two unfortunate people are all children's parents! It's better as each child has two parents.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        Ah, but the mad scientists haven't told us yet...

PEDANTS' NEWS:
        all children have two parents sounds as if the same two unfortunate people are all children's parents! It's better as each child has two parents.
        True, I suppose. It's grammatically not unlike the notice at our local swimming pool which states : 'Competent swimmers must supervise non-swimmers at all times'. It seems a little hard on the competent swimmers who just came along to swim competently and did not expect to have to start supervising all the nuisances who couldn't swim.

There's bound to be a law against it, anyway.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

It can be worse. Try explaining to a client about 'execution'; it sounds worse than it is, unless you live in 18th. Century France.
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X