HIPS on sale of house converted into flats (2 are let)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIPS on sale of house converted into flats (2 are let)?

I have a general question which is not really clear from reading (1) Part 6, Section 31 of The Home Information Pack Regulations and, also (2) Part 5 Home Information Packs, Section 171 of The Housing Act of 2004. I currently have a dwelling house sub-divided into three flats, 2 of which are presently rented and the other flat is owner/occupied by myself. Should I choose to sell the whole house as a single unit to a single buyer, with or without tenants, are the HIP requirements exempted?
    ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

As far as I know, no HIP is required on sale of an already-let property (i.e. without vacant possession).
    If you sell the whole house as one lot, even though part may be vacant, that is presumably still true.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Jeffrey - Many thanks for that input.

Comment

Confirmed by an Estate Agent who received confirmation from their HIP provider company that no HIP is required if selling the 3 flats as a single unit. Very good news EXCEPT I still would have to have 3 separate EPC's.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X