EPCs for lodgers- required?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    EPCs for lodgers- required?

    If you are a landlady who lives in a house with two lodgers do you have to have an epc? I think not as their rooms aren't self contained but it isn't clear at all in the government information.
    I'm trying to raise awareness of Myotonic Dystrophy, Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) and In vitro fertilisation (IVF). Follow my PGD blog and please pass it on to any one you know who has an interest in PGD or IVF.

    epcs for lodgers

    Hi, I’m providing this information on behalf of the EPC, so do let me know if you have further questions.

    EPCs are only required for self-contained properties ie a property with its own bathroom, kitchen and entrance. Houses of multiple occupancy will also require EPCs, but only when the whole dwelling is rented out or sold; an EPC is not required if tenants renting rooms have separate contracts with the landlord.

    For more information, please look here - http://www.communities.gov.uk/public...csforlandlords


    Latest Activity