Landlord with 90 properties: will each need own EPC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord with 90 properties: will each need own EPC?

One of my prospective L/Ls has over 90 properties which comprise of blocks of flats. Would he be required to have an EPC for each property or each block if the flats are of the same spec? This could be very costly for him!

Originally posted by Vicmo View Post
    One of my prospective L/Ls has over 90 properties which comprise of blocks of flats. Would he be required to have an EPC for each property or each block if the flats are of the same spec? This could be very costly for him!
    Tough!

Let's not feel too sorry for him. He's making 90 times as much profit as someone who just has one flat to let!
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Once again this is where EPC's get silly, why should you need to do a report for the same block, purpose built flats or apartments are basically the same, but rules are rules and I would advise a diy EPC listing the lowest rating then you can't go wrong/or doing one and photocopying..i'm interested in knowing what the take up on rental EPC's will be in a couple of weeks time, very very low I suspect !
      "Better an empty property than a tenant without a guarantor"

Comment

Originally posted by Sportingdad View Post
        Once again this is where EPC's get silly, why should you need to do a report for the same block, purpose built flats or apartments are basically the same, but rules are rules and I would advise a diy EPC listing the lowest rating then you can't go wrong/or doing one and photocopying..i'm interested in knowing what the take up on rental EPC's will be in a couple of weeks time, very very low I suspect !
        I would be very careful following that advice !!!

Even though there have similarities in construction methods, it will be unlikely that they are all identical and therefore each property will give different ratings and potential ratings.

If it is a self-contained flat then it will require an EPC, BUT only if it is going onto the market as per previous threads.
        Visit my - news and articles
        - resources, news and services
        - information, FAQ and provision

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X