How long will EPC take, and at what cost (N London)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will EPC take, and at what cost (N London)?

I'm not going to go on about whether or not EPC's are a wonderful idea, that would be pointless and would probably get me banned for bad language but here are a couple of queries:

1) Are landlords getting these done even with long-term settled tenants or are they waiting until the tenant gives notice after October?

2) What is the average 'waiting time' between commissioning one and getting it done - could I get it done during the month's notice?

3) What is a decent price in north London?

4) Anyone know a non-ripoff merchant to do some in North London?

5) Anyone (else) think this is just an idea to stop all the people who gave up their careers to be HIP suppliers going bust?

Thanks

David

Hi

In answer to your questions.

1. Some Landlords are, some are not. Some exisiting tenants may value the EPC and ask for one even though legislation may not require you have one commisioned.
    2. Yes - you should be able to get an EPC completed quite easily within a months notice period.
    3. Prices vary as does the quality of service, turn around times etc as with most businesses.
    4. Yes - us, though admittedly biased
    5. EPC legislation is an EU directive and has been implemented within the HIP legislation for domestic sales. EPBD legislation always planned that EPCs would be required for rental properties.

Here is some information regarding the implemetation of Energy Performance Certificate legislation.
    Visit my - news and articles
    - resources, news and services
    - information, FAQ and provision

Comment

Originally posted by hip-consultant.co.uk View Post
      Hi

In answer to your questions.

1. Some Landlords are, some are not. Some exisiting tenants may value the EPC and ask for one even though legislation may not require you have one commisioned.
      2. Yes - you should be able to get an EPC completed quite easily within a months notice period.
      3. Prices vary as does the quality of service, turn around times etc as with most businesses.
      4. Yes - us, though admittedly biased
      5. EPC legislation is an EU directive and has been implemented within the HIP legislation for domestic sales. EPBD legislation always planned that EPCs would be required for rental properties.
      Thank you for your replies.

So, if you are interested in the business (even though you are clearly WAY up North), how much would you charge for a 2 bed flat in north London? Or would you prefer not to say as it varies?

Comment

Originally posted by dhphoto View Post
        how much would you charge for a 2 bed flat in north London? Or would you prefer not to say as it varies?
        Evidently you would prefer not to say.

Why's that then?

Comment

Evidently you would prefer not to say.

Why's that then?
          Or possibly he may have better things to do than answer your questions...?
          My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrel View Post
            Or possibly he may have better things to do than answer your questions...?
            Not if he wants the work, seems he doesn't

Comment

So, if you are interested in the business (even though you are clearly WAY up North), how much would you charge for a 2 bed flat in north London? Or would you prefer not to say as it varies?
              I do not visit the forum every day and did not see your message until now. I have sent you a PM in regard to the pricing.
              Visit my - news and articles
              - resources, news and services
              - information, FAQ and provision

Comment

Why have you changed the title of my thread?

It does not encompass what I originally asked

Comment

Why have you changed the title of my thread?

I ask again: Why have you changed the title of my thread?

Comment

we have a company who do cheaper EPC's for us because of being an agent & giving them hundreds to do, but they do have good prices for other people as well. you can PM me if you want the details for them. infact, being based in london they cover all over england at the same prices.

Comment

Suppose you tell us what you're talking about? What should it say?
                      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Why are you asking us? We didn't change it!
                        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Accredited assesors in North London

Not a specific recommendation, but here's a bit of help in finding an assessor who is accredited. This link provides a list of all the current accreditation schemes:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/planni...accreditation/

All accreditation schemes hold lists of their accredited energy assessors and should be able to provide contact details of assessors available who work in your area. It is also likely that estate agencies, energy suppliers and other large companies will advertise if they are able to provide assessments. It is important to keep in mind that different schemes provide different types of assessor.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo for the EPC programme View Post
                            Not a specific recommendation, but here's a bit of help in finding an assessor who is accredited. This link provides a list of all the current accreditation schemes:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/planni...accreditation/

All accreditation schemes hold lists of their accredited energy assessors and should be able to provide contact details of assessors available who work in your area. It is also likely that estate agencies, energy suppliers and other large companies will advertise if they are able to provide assessments. It is important to keep in mind that different schemes provide different types of assessor.

Hope it helps.
                            Jo: are you part of the HMG 'EPC Programme' team, then, as a civil servant?
                            [Warning: if you are, we'll grumble at you!]
                            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Hi Jeffrey,

Not technically a civil servant! But am one of the outside communications agencies helping the government with the roll out of EPCs.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X