EPC- how many landlords are bothering?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPC- how many landlords are bothering?

With rules changing on a daily basis, and the goverment/local councils understaffed and demoralised (our council seem to have given up the ghost on licensable HMO's with no inspections/correspondance) sitting on the fence and seeing how many Landlords carry these out will be interesting.
    "Better an empty property than a tenant without a guarantor"

EPCs required

The Legislation is quite clear. You need an EPC on every property let after 1st October. It is EU legislation that the Govt has to implement. It is here to stay.
    Landlords can do their own EPCs as long as they are qualified to do them.
    The course I did with Energy Foundation was pretty easy & I learned loads. I expect to be qualified before September (I'll do your EPCs too?).

Comment

Originally posted by PB10gon View Post
      It is EU legislation that the Govt has to implement. It is here to stay.
      Let's hope that the EU isn't.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Hey,

Does doing a course in Ennergy Foundation qualify you to do EPCs? Where did you do this course?

Comment

Originally posted by MGS View Post
          Hey,

Does doing a course in Ennergy Foundation qualify you to do EPCs? Where did you do this course?
          You can also do a PAT test course for about £200 which qualifies you to do the electrical testing. Worth it if you can be bothered and have more than 1 property.

Comment

where can i do the pat test course in london?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X