This is a question for the electrician members of this forum (thanks in advance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a question for the electrician members of this forum (thanks in advance)

We have some Heatrae Sadia Electormax Electric boilers providing domestic hot water and a wet central heating system. At the time they seemed like a good idea! The EPCs are not great but I still hope electricity will not be so heavily penalised when someone in Government takes on board that electricity production in the UK is not nearly as carbon intensive as previously (we are up to 66% from wind, so far in UK, on a sunny windy day..........)
    It happens that they are installed in a small block with a massive flat roof which would take a solar array capable of producing maybe 20KW Is there a way that they could be wired up so as to draw night rate power but also juiced up from a solar grid? Would this add tons of points? I am reluctant to rip em all out. They are a good product, very reliable with no gas safety cert required.

https://www.heatraesadia.com/product...roductgallery3

I suspect you'd have to have an individual solar system for each flat to improve the individual EPC's. Not impossible, but pricey.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Thats correct, the question is can we wire them to fuel up the hot water by PV when there is good light and top up ny night rate?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfreehold View Post
        Thats correct, the question is can we wire them to fuel up the hot water by PV when there is good light and top up ny night rate?
        There is a gadget called an 'Eddi' which can automatically divert solar power to an immersion.

https://myenergi.com/product/eddi/

I don't think you would have the current to run the actual boiler. Do you have hot water tanks with immersions?
        To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Thanks Electromax has an integral stainless steel hot water cylinder, and uses mains pressure to dispatch the hot to the open tap

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfreehold View Post
            Thanks Electromax has an integral stainless steel hot water cylinder, and uses mains pressure to dispatch the hot to the open tap
            What is the power rating though? Must be more than 3kw, surely?

Comment

They are rated at 6kw with large steel hot water tank

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X