EPC recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPC recommendations

Is it essential that EPC recommendations are carried out sequentially? The first one, insulation of insulation of solid floor would cost £6k and achieve 3 point improvement. The second, high heat retention radiators, would cost £1200 and gain a further 8. Currently at 67 - need 69. Very small ground floor apartment with no gas.

I would not bother with anything at the moment. The methodology is due to change later this year, which might give you the improvement you seek for the cost of a new assessment.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

As said, it is all about to change so i would not be spending a penny on anything..... even then if it started to cost the figures you're quoting i would be looking to sell up.

Comment

Thank you for the advice - it may be difficult to sell up because any new owner would face the same problems (if well advised)

Comment

Originally posted by brian75 View Post
          Thank you for the advice - it may be difficult to sell up because any new owner would face the same problems (if well advised)
          Not if they were a FTB and not renting it out..... then they are like the rest of the 95% of everyone else.... a simple home owner not subject to all this EPC nonsense.

Comment

EPC assessors, if you get a cheap person, he will spend a max. of 10 mins in the property and give it a C rating, as in my opinion they don't have the skills or expertise to really do a air tightness test, check the glazing for it's efficiency, etc. If you get it done, at least you've safe guarded yourself for the next 10 years.....

Comment

Originally posted by ash72 View Post
              EPC assessors, if you get a cheap person,.
              I can see merit in this, but....... i can see the rise of the '' Expensive EPC assessor'' !!! And i don't mean the amount on the invoice

When this becomes more important we will just need to find the ' right ' assessor who needs to pay for an expensive family holiday.

Comment

I'd be happy with a cheap one who gives a high rating.
                To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

To answer your original question - you can do any improvements you like, in any order you like but the order on the EPC should give the results listed. However:

If your property is electric heating you need to wait and see what the new algorithm comes up with - it is due by the end of the year and is supposed to recognise that electricity is much greener than it used to be. Plus we have not seen the legislation yet so EPC C maybe delayed or downgraded.

My advice - do nothing for now & get reassessed under the new algorithm to see whether you need to do anything.

Comment

You can also get in an assessor and ask them not to publish. Try a few until you get the answer you want.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X