Electric Heating becoming unaffordable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to see how the EPC algorithm changes affect the rating on electric heating - promised this summer. No point spending any money when the dart boards keeps moving & the numbers are a work of fiction!

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
      We need to see how the EPC algorithm changes affect the rating on electric heating - promised this summer. No point spending any money when the dart boards keeps moving & the numbers are a work of fiction!
      Have you got any EPC's due, or will you do some sample ones anyway to enlighten us? It would be interesting to see the rating with the new algorithm compared to existing. Presumably use the same firm to exclude any other variables?
      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post

Have you got any EPC's due
        My EPCs are not due for a while. Once the legislation is published and we know if / when EPC C becomes mandatory I will redo mine and decide which properties I need to sell and which I can get to a C without major works.

Comment

My EPCs are not due for a while. Once the legislation is published and we know if / when EPC C becomes mandatory I will redo mine and decide which properties I need to sell and which I can get to a C without major works.
          Sensible, and exactly what i will be doing.

Comment

Interestingly, the legislation was due for its 2nd reading Friday 6th May - but the HoP didn't sit. No idea what that means in reality but certainly no clarity for landlords!

Comment

No idea what that means in reality
              Nothing, as it was irrelevant anyway. The parliamentary session is over, so these bills don't proceed.

Comment

Hi, re the green taxes on energy, came across this the other day: https://car26.org/

Maybe, just maybe, saner minds will start to be heard.

Comment

This is a bit of a worry, isn't it.

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
                  To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Zero Hedge is a group of right wing Bulgarian nut jobs.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

To improve your insulation on your external walls fix 50 x 75 mm treated timber with hammer fixings at 600mm centres. Use 50mm insulation board between each timber, then 12.5 mm plasterboard then plaster skim. In a bathroom or kitchen put a membrane layer between the plasterboard and the insulation. This will make a big difference to your EPC.

Comment

Originally posted by banner257 View Post
                        To improve your insulation on your external walls fix 50 x 75 mm treated timber with hammer fixings at 600mm centres. Use 50mm insulation board between each timber, then 12.5 mm plasterboard then plaster skim. In a bathroom or kitchen put a membrane layer between the plasterboard and the insulation. This will make a big difference to your EPC.
                        I don't think it will. EPC assessor will refuse to give you any credit for it, unless you show him a bill for the work.

Comment

I'm sure most of you with electrically heated flats are told to install high heat retention storage heaters to bring up your EPC's. I was just musing that the night rate now costing 70% of the day rate might put the tin lid on this idiocy.

(There being no point in using such storage heaters, if they don't manage to keep 70% of the heat stored overnight until the evening.)

Therefore I wonder if the present, hopefully temporary, high prices might be a blessing in disguise?

Comment

Rishi Sunaks idea for sending our money round in circles as handouts may push up inflation. I do not see energy prices falling .
                            Will i get the handout on an empty property?
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                            X