Houseplants when letting property out- bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houseplants when letting property out- bad idea?

I’m refurbishing my flat before putting it back on the market and I feel it would look better with a nice big houseplant in the bright east facing kitchen. However I’m putting new Lino in. Would that be asking for trouble ( spills, stains etc). Anyone else rent properties out with houseplants in situ to help style the space? Any reason not to? Thanks in advance.

Just put a tray to catch any stains

Comment

Originally posted by Lots on View Post
      Any reason not to?
      What happens when it dies? I can't keep my own houseplants alive for long.
      Buy a nice big fake/silk houseplant.

Comment

The only one worth putting in is a false one! Seriously, don't impose your taste on the tenants.

Comment

I guess if it dies it dies. It gives the tenants the option if they want to look after a plant.

Comment

You could give them the option to keep it or not but don't include it in the inventory. If I was the T I wouldn't be happy paying out for a plant that had died (similar lack of green fingers here).

Comment

Thanks, not including it in the inventory is a good idea. I’d never ask for a refund in a dead houseplant but it’s good to be transparent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X