Cavity Wall Insulation. Cost for EPC Improvement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting about the breathable waterproofer, though I am yet to be convinced that spalling should be an issue in many cases of uninsulated walls e. g. I don't think of garden walls spalling heavily for not being heated, though I may be wrong.

I gather assessors may take different approaches - I met a strict one who said he insists on being able to see the insulation, and won't accept photos or invoices, but I don't think they're all like that!

Comment

Someone in the low carbon industry told me to expect massive changes to EPCs within the next ten months. MHCOG realises its flawed as it stands. The system cannot as it stands discriminate between the lowest grade insulation and the best stuff which is triple the price. There is just one tickbox as it were, is it 50mms thick. I know about AEROGEL it is massively expensive, been around a while. Another interesting product Ive come across is a spray on cork insulation which is climate negative rather than glass wool and mineral wool products that are made by heating product up to 1000C and of themselves have huge embedded energy. Cork is infinitely renewable and the trees actually absorb CO2 as they grow new cork bark every nine years. Amazingly the cork insulation is made from the left overs of making "bottle stoppers" ie wot you and I know as corks!

Comment

Has anyone tried insulating a stone house with either internal or external insulation? Not only are the walls designed to breathe but as there's no damp proof course there's guaranteed to be a certain amount of moisture in them.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X