EPC in Outbuildings.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    EPC in Outbuildings.

    Our house has an Outbuilding which we have now improved by making one end into a Kitchen and the other end is a Wc and Bathroom.
    Between the house and the outhouse there is a Ginnel, a 1.5m wide passageway which was open at both ends. 12ft long
    I have had a Patio Door put at both ends, which makes it a lot better in the winter.
    Its now more like an Extension than an Outbuilding.
    We were thinking of getting an EPC done.
    I notice on some EPC's that they put the square meter of a property which has been surveyed.
    And as square meters are important when a house is valued I would prefer if the additional sq. meterage of the Passageway and the (now named) Extension would be added to the house size. But do I need to put Central Heating in the building or can I just put an electronic Fire.

    You can do either. Just you'll get a better rating with the central heating.


    Latest Activity