Govt to Speed Up Climate Change Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Govt to Speed Up Climate Change Target

On the back of cancelling the Green Homes Grant and reducing the subsidy on electric cars, Boris is to announce that the UK will reduce its carbon emissions by 78% by 2035 - 15yrs earlier than planned!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56807520

How on earth do they plan to do it? Rabbit & hat come to mind!

Oh, they'll do it by cutting off utilities for anyone in a house with an EPC rating under C, and forcing everyone to live in tiny flats.

Comment

While they continue flying to their climate change conferences...

Comment

To be fair, the Green Home grant was just a scam to make profits for greedy installers and the ev subsidy was just more profits for greedy car manufacturers and has had no impact on electric car prices.

Comment

Hugo talks has an item about this today.
          ÔüúSubscribe to Website - https://hugotalks.com **NEW** Merch - https://my-store-11735281.creator-spring.com/ Support me on PATREON - https://www.patreon.com/hugotalks TELEGRAM CHANNEL - https://t.me/hugotalks BACK UP YOUT

Comment

They need to ban uneconomical cars, introduce a limit for boiler room stats and send teams around the country in the winter using cameras that detect heat to see who's wasting what.

And if they think that Joe Public will tolerate replacing their gas boiler with an electric boiler making your home about 4 x the cost to heat ..............

Comment

Ive just started a course with something called the Retrofit Academy. The professors who have been consulted have no understanding of the difficulties in working around tenants. It is unrealistic to expect that we can relocate tenants to, for example, insulate under floors. This is going to be a vast national effort achieving very little. The Government are throwing a lot of money at this as are apparently other Governments notably Joe Biden's. There is no restriction for example on how many halogen heaters pubs and coffee shops can place outdoors

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
                oris is to announce that the UK will reduce its carbon emissions by 78% by 2035 - 15yrs earlier than planned!

How on earth do they plan to do it? Rabbit & hat come to mind!
                They could make a start by making the EPC system more representative of energy efficiency and hopefully then market forces would reduce price and desirability of inefficient homes. I understand that heating homes accounts for about 30% of emissions so moving to electric heating systems or hydrogen seems a likely route.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post

I understand that heating homes accounts for about 30% of emissions so moving to electric heating systems or hydrogen seems a likely route.
                  Unfortunately anything other than gas is considerably more expensive and the Govt is unlikely to do anything that might be unpopular, which rising heating costs most definitely would be.

Comment

Do you people have NO trust in the government? ­čśéThey're going to ban petrol cars but aren't putting any infrastructure in place to charge electric ones - that's 2 problems solved then, there won't be any queues on the roads either. Gas boilers in new builds are being banned, only a matter of time before boiler sales are banned altogether. There is no easy or cost effective way to insulate an existing property (if there is please tell me). They won't care there's no plan in place for any alternative, they're unlikely to be in power 2035 anyway. I can't see that 78% is possible unless they know something we don't.

Isn't 2035 the year that China has pledged to stop INCREASING their fossil fuel use? So our reduction won't a lot of difference anyway. And flying needs to included.

Comment

and heaters outside pubs! Makes no sense to me to minimise energy use inside but allow pubs etc to put halogen heaters outside!!

Comment

Dave Cullen has an interesting take on this: https://www.bitchute.com/video/AjcSBmHtVOzJ/

Comment

Everybody, please do not panic. Gas will be replaced by hydrogen and it is an easy fix. So we produce more electricity using the government wind which means we can make hydrogen in any number of ways. We can go the truly green route and crack water, or use our wonderful reserves of natural gas and make brown hydrogen by cracking the gas and dumping the carbon back in the aquifers in the north sea. Or we can make blue hydrogen which comes from a rare plant. There may well be other colours we can use too.
                          All new houses will have heat pumps which will be serviced by the 2 engineers we have in the country who are any good. They will charge probably £1,000 per hour but it will be worth it.
                          All old houses will be set on fire which will keep them truly warm for a mere box of matches and some newspaper made from recycled toilet paper.
                          Everybody. please do not panic.

Comment

SimonRW,

LOL. I just realised you are joshing.

Comment

What the Government seems to think can be done in terms of super-insulating existing houses is bordering on absurd. The Retrofit Academy course which I am taking explains how to break out concrete slabs below houses so as to be able to get insulation inserted below existing floor level without raising floor height and thereby losing height from door frames. They are quite seriously expecting that property owners would be prepared to go to such lengths for a tiny increase in thermal efficiency. One thing if your house is empty but what a lot of collar if you have to temporarily rehousing tenants whilst doing this and other energy saving measures to their houses. An unbelievable waste of productive resources. Not practical. is Boris on wacky backy?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X