Install basin in lavatory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    In the corner, should I put in a 90 degree elbow, or use my pipe bender to put a gentle bend in? My soldering is not the neatest.
    An elbow will fit closer into the corner, a bend is less of a restriction to flow so less likely to get clogged by anything 'solid' put down the basin.

You could use a compression elbow if you don't trust your soldering skills.
    A bit bigger than a soldered elbow, but still closer in than a bend.

Comment

Pics for your enjoyment:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Are you going to box-in the pipes or leave them showing?

I can see people sat on the bog leaning on that plastic waste, or even using it as an aid to get to their feet, which could cause problems.

Maybe fit a handrail just above it for protection if you don't want to box it in?

Comment

I'd certainly box those copper pipes in. They'll get wee on them when Mr T misses the toilet and cleaning behind them isn't going to be pleasant. And I'd put in a handrail as nukecad suggested because Mrs T is bound to grab the waste pipe after she's thrown up after a night out with the girls.

And children might use the waste pipe to help them get off the toilet.

I always try and plan for the least classy tenants.

Comment

Maybe a long, narrow, well fixed, shelf just above the waste would be better than a handrail, plus giving them somewhere to put the bogroll and maybe a hand towel.

Comment

Duo_2_WEA80_overview.jpg

plenty around with different designs

Comment

Which bit are blokes supposed to pee into though?

Comment

GF suggested one of those basins built into the cistern. However the ones I've seen only had a cold water connection.

Comment

Originally posted by DayByDay View Post
                        Don't forget the ice building up inside the windows panes in winter
                        I used to chip this off and eat it. Breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post

No, but in the summer, we did get to shower in the yard when it rained, Vertical swiming we called it.
                          Parents did manage to change a bedroom into a bathroom eventually, AND they did not tell the Landlord.
                          BAD tenants, but they bought the house for £ 900, now worth £ 120,000
                          And a cottage in Wales for £ 95. - no electricity or water or sanitation ( Fresh mountain water available behind corrugated iron roof sheet )
                          Those were the days.
                          One cannot put a price on the
                          luxury that was afforded in those days. Pure bliss !

Makes you appreciate houses of today though.
                          My most beloved Pitaji had to have a shower in the yard because that was how it was in Pakistan and he was old and couldn't understand why a shower outside wasn't ok. They had a hot and cold tap for outside so the temperature would be ok even if it was flippi' cold up north. Brrr poor Pitaji.

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
                            Where ever they feel the need to , which is why this additional opportunity should be denied. Keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
                              I'd say the toilet, I would also if you don't need to ask don't suggest on google. Please don't.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X