EPC Property Assessment & Gas & Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys.
    If I get an EICR certificate, does this mean that I can then rent out the property? - or does the EICR certificate have to confirm that the electrics have passed the test/inspection before I can rent the property out ?.

Comment

You need a a SATISFACTORY EICR before a new tenant can move in .......... and the lettings agency wil need this from you.

Getting an EICR done is no guarantee of a Satisfactory outcome and my advice to you is get one done and read the report if its an unsatisfactory report before acting on it.

Comment

Thanks Neelix. Approximately, how much should the cost for an EICR inspection and report be, for a three bedroom house?.
        ( I know that some charge over the market rate )

Comment

where are you in the UK ?

Comment

Hi, in West London.

Comment

ask around but I would budget £200

had somebody call me earlier ... he had been quoted £76 and for his flat I indicated a provision minimum charge of £150

once I pointed out what was required and the detail you need to go into he’s probably going to use me

what ever you decide, do a google search for the electrical safety council best practice guide no 4

its full of guidance on what codes should be used for different types of faults - which should avoid the situation of the cowboy inspector applying C1 and C2 codes to issues that should only be C3’s

Comment

But the remedial work to get a satisfactory certificate could easily cost £1000! You may well need a new panel ("fusebox"), anti surge devices, all sorts of other work potentially depending on the age of the installation.

Comment

lack of anti surge or spd is a C3 or comment

Comment

Thanks guys.

If there is an outhouse in the back garden which has plug sockets, is it compulsory in an EICR inspection to have that tested also? (even though it will be locked and any tenants will not have access to it ).

Comment

yes, that part of the installation should be inspected imho

Comment

Thanks.

In order to better the chances of getting a satisfactory EICR report, is there anything a DIY novice ( myself ) can do before the plug sockets / fuse box is checked ?.
                        ( eg. replacing a blown internal fuse ). One of the cooker plug socket holes is black - I think it might have blown a fuse

Comment

problem is you could make changes to things you think are needed but only the inspector can really define the codes and issues

Comment

One electrician asked me to send him a picture of the fusebox - which I did.
                            He has said that the Fusebox must be replaced so that it conforms to the 2021 wiring regulation18th Edition RCD protection, which will cost me for £450 including a Part P building certificate.
                            How can he establish this just from a picture?.

Comment

cohen,

Can you post the picture on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post
                                cohen,

Can you post the picture on here?
                                Moderator forum rules restrict me from doing so, but would the model number help?.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X