Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section20z
    replied
    Or that I can't just install double glazing.

Leave a comment:

• flyingfreehold
    replied
    what is ridiculous is that I cant use the scheme to buy energy saving/ insulation at a discount and have it installed by my own employees

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    I accept that the rate might be higher than outwith the scheme - I still felt the quote I got made it worthwhile

Given that LLs have had pretty much no support from the Govt in response to Covid its nice to feel we can get something back from the system that bleeds us dry!

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    All of the very few quotes I received are at least double (and in some cases triple or quadruple) the quotes outside of the scheme..........

and that's where I got responses at all. A lot of money is being made by friends of those in power and all courtesy of theft from the taxpayer.

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    started a topic Year Long Extension to Green Homes Grant

Year Long Extension to Green Homes Grant

After trying and failing to get anyone to quote for EWI for my 3 Victorian terraced properties in October, I tried again after the announcement that the scheme has been extended for a year.

I got someone to come out and quote this week - yay! Cost for EWI on the rear of 3 properties between £6k & £7k, each of which will qualify for most of the £5k grant so the cost to me is in the order of £6k for over £19k of work.

Given that the push towards higher EPCs and reducing carbon is relentless I am going forwards with this, in the hope that it will allow me to achieve Govt targets as they change in the future - always good to be aiming at moving goalposts.

Apparently only 47,000 applications have been received out of a possible total of 650,000 so the limiting factor was tradesmen not money.

If you tried and failed to get a quote under this scheme it might be worth trying again now. I believe that the EWI will make my properties more attractive to tenants and buyers in the future so for me it was a no brainer.

Good luck fellow LLs

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X