what is a reasonable price for window cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is a reasonable price for window cleaning?

Have never had this done professionally. I asked for a quote and instead of that, they sent someone round to do it. I haven’t been invoiced yet. It’s a small terraced house with a largish kitchen window, 2 large bedroom windows, one small bedroom window and a patio type window at the back, about 3 m wide and 2 m high. A ball park figure would be great. It’s in the south east ( Kent). Thanks!

Update: they went out for a quote as requested, and I am now told that the tenant hoodwinked them into cleaning all windows inside and outside, and the bill is £50. I never authorised this, I just asked for a quote for outside cleaning. Who is liable now. The guy in the window cleaning company is saying he’s sending his guys round to “ have it out” with her, which I asked him not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lots on View Post
      It’s a small terraced house with a largish kitchen window, 2 large bedroom windows, one small bedroom window and a patio type window at the back, about 3 m wide and 2 m high. A ball park figure would be great.
      In the South East (Hertfordshire), just for cleaning the outside windows, that is £10.

Comment

3 storey townhouse outside only £25.

Comment

Had you informed the tenant that someone would be looking at the property to quote for window cleaning? If so did you specify it would just be the outside only?
          Personally I feel the company are at fault here because you are their potential client not the tenant who resides at the property. You asked for a quote only. I expect the person sent round for the quote wasn't communicated with about the client being a live-out landlord and not the tenant.
          You could argue with the company or pay them. This company sounds a bit unpleasant so I wouldn't fully trust what they say. In your position for £50 I would just pay them and not use that company again.

Comment

Surely cleaning windows is the tenants responsibility anyway?

Comment

It was in the agents tenancy agreement that windows need to be cleaned inside and outside when surrendering the property at end of tenancy. They were quite smudged, the tenant asked for them to be cleaned hence I asked the company to quote. I agree they are quite unpleasant, the guy tried to shout me down when I objected to being presented with a £50 bill as opposed to a quote. I certainly will not use them again and if I can give a poor review I will.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X