Green Grant ASHP and existing gas boiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Grant ASHP and existing gas boiler?

I'm also looking at the Green Grants.

The target house is a large bungalow with relatively good insulation levels, new double glazing and under-floor heating all new some 6 years ago so good bet for ASHP.

I looked at the 'Hybrid' system which would retain/work with the gas boiler only to find I had to rip out a perfectly good running 6 year old highly efficient boiler and pay for its replacement in addition to the ASHP! The hybrid system is very expensive due to this added new boiler.

I then looked at a simple ASHP only system instead which seems a good way forward particularly with RHI payments for the next 7 years. I then find that the £5k green grant is knocked off the RHI payments! So £2700 over 7 years instead of £7700.

If I go ASHP only does the old boiler have to be disconnected/removed or can it remain?

(If it has to go then I will retain/store it for spares for my other rental house which has the same, albeit slightly older model, boiler.)

Maybe a daft question but have you found an installer that is prepared to quote and fit by the deadine ? I gave up as most only want to service the people that can get the full 10k as it's a no brainer if it costs them nothing..

All the best

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X