• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this look like mould?

Short question:
    Do photos look like mould?

Background:
    I had leak a few years back on property I'm renting. It was from the ensuite shower which goes onto the master bedroom. This leak took 5 months or so to get resolved. Back and forth with landlord since he didn't want to take titles off and grout it all properly which then it continued to leak again. The wall bubbled a little, but I didn't think anything of it.

The problem seems to be resolved until recently I've seen more bubbling on the wall and skirting board coming apart.

I showed my family members who think it's mould but I'm uncertain, just looking for some opinions before I get it tested myself or take matters further.

The landlord's handyman says it's just dirt and it's just water damage on plasterboard and just to sand it down and paint it?

Anyways, appreciate you taking time to read this and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

(Maximum upload is 2 photos, so will have to include multiple posts, sorry!)

Sorry for multiple posts but can't include all photos!

Comment

Okay, finally the last photos!

Comment

Dirt and water damage.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

The Black mould you on outside facing walls and bathrooms grows on fresh water from condensation. Mould remover spray does the trick. See if that removes it. Mould does not like shiny surfaces like tiles put grows on paintwork and grout. You can also get anti mould paint that works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin_uk View Post
            The Black mould you on outside facing walls and bathrooms grows on fresh water from condensation. Mould remover spray does the trick. See if that removes it. Mould does not like shiny surfaces like tiles put grows on paintwork and grout. You can also get anti mould paint that works really well.
            I'll sand the bubbles and use mould spray to clean it and paint over it with some anti-mould paint and see if it comes back. Thank you.

Comment

Was the original leak repaired? I had the same problem and immediately it was noticed, removed the tiles, new plasterboard, retiled, sealed and grouted and repainted. Which is what your landlord should have done.

Comment

Does it feel wet or damp where you've lifted the carpet?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X