builder problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

builder problem

Had a new bathroom and laminate flooring fitted few weeks ago. now bath tub seal has gone from around the tub due to what it seems as a not adequately supported tub. Also one of the laminate planks has come loose (in the middle of the room strangely.

What would you do here, allow him to fix or ask for someone else to come and have a look. I don't want ongoing problems or issues later. could be a quick fix not sure

What would I do?

Forget tradesmen, and do the work myself in future.

Comment

Definitely get the guy who installed it back. Bathtubs and shower trays etc need installing correctly or can cause a ongoing headache! Also laminate floor doesn’t repair well and also needs laying correctly from scratch. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
        What would I do?

Forget tradesmen, and do the work myself in future.
        How is that 9 months DIY bathroom instal you did going on? Recovered from the rent void yet?

O.P, Politely ask the builder to go back and sort it, it sounds nothing major and snagging faults happen.

Comment

Builder did some work im bathroom.now theres a problem which could lead to a leak.To make good will cost few hundred.

Hes avoiding calls. Blocked on whatsapp.not being helpful.

Will need to get someone to fix his wrong. Any way to collect costs after.small claims court?
          Thanks

Comment

What do you mean by 'could lead to a leak'? Until there is a leak he is not at fault one could argue. If you need to get the job done get in another tradesman, get them to itemise the work then pursue the original tradesman. You could also count it as a tax deductible expense.

Take photos as evidence for court and tax.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Thanks

There is a gap between the bathtub and the wall /tiles around a quarter of the tub A gap significant enoughto allow water ingress. So essentially it is leaking but hasnt caused significant problems yet.

But id be crazy to let that progress.

I have taken photos and got a quote but the builder said its too much.then vlocked me and avoids my calls.its not the kind of thing o can sit of for days on end.

Just not sure of my rights really

Comment

Sounds quite a small job. Learn a bit of DIY and buy some UPVC quadrant to use between tile and bath edge. Stick in place with good quality mastic such as Plumbers Gold. Should not take longer that 1 hour.

Your rights were to get the job done to a good finish but sometimes it is easier to just DIY

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

If the builder is part of a national scheme then report him to them. Also to Trading Standards.

Comment

Interlaken,

im never around the area to do the job, I wish I could. And t was part of a much bigger job which I paid for , so why should I have to remedy it. appreciate your feedback Interlaken (beautiful town btw)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X