New window installation, tiles broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New window installation, tiles broken

A company came around to replace some windows in the flat. on replacing the window in the kitchen they managed to break some kitchen wall tiles around the window sill. they contacted after saying 'by the way a couple of your tiles cracked'. they said something about it being very close to the window.

can I claim the replacement fee for the tiles from the window company for breaking the tiles and not prewarning for this.

thanks

You could ask for some money as a gesture of goodwill. Yes, they should have told you, they will do their best. Two tiles, seems to be reasonable. Did you keep spare tiles?

Comment

the tile were only done 15 months ago which is the annoying part. I don't have the spare tiles, and will need to get someone to come and do the work ,so the gest of goodwill fee will go towards the work.

they seem very resistant in general so if they decline compensating ,what would you do?

Comment

You're entitled to compensation, which isn't the same as the cost of replacement.
        It would probably be cheaper for them to do the work, actually.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X