..Mandatory testing of commercial and all residential lettings from 2023 under MEES..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..Mandatory testing of commercial and all residential lettings from 2023 under MEES..

Hi there.

Suppose you have a shop and residential flat above let under a single lease to tenant Mr P; and Mr P sublets the flat to persons unknown.

I totally get that it falls on the landlord of the whole property to obtain a non domestic EPC on the shop, but does it fall on the landlord or Mr P to get an EPC of the flat?

My understanding is that the EPC is to be provided by the LL or their agent (depending on how the agent works for you) The LL ends up paying anyway.
    You presumably provided one for the commercial aspect but not the flat because the tenant was not using the domestic element?

Comment

Sorry I should qualify LL, meaning the property owner..you?

Comment

We are just at the very beginning of commercial EPCs. Most commercial properties have been let for years and years and there are no EPCs as yet prepared. There are only EPCs on comparatively recent lettings or where the tenant has sold his lease, or renewed it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X