Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dazwalsh
    replied
    In my experience, half the tenants dont know what an EPC is, the other half couldn't give a monkeys.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by blinko View Post
    I don't forget these things are theoretical so a one bedroom flat might theoretically in a calculation terms be two people where is reality could be one for two bedroom it could be two adults and two small children
    Oh, that's an interesting explanation Blinko. You mean that the flat is big enough for three people, so the energy cost mentioned on the EPC is per person? That's a bit mad though, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• blinko
    replied
    I don't forget these things are theoretical so a one bedroom flat might theoretically in a calculation terms be two people where is reality could be one for two bedroom it could be two adults and two small children

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Thanks Sam. That is interesting. Even two neighbours on my landing with gas heating only manage a C.

I think I'll just have to tell prospective tenants that the EPC is a load of coblers, and to take the three year cost to be one year.

Leave a comment:

• sam_cat
    replied
    Get a second opinion?
    Seems crazy, it should be as simple as them putting some numbers into their program and it gives the result...

You can use postcode search on the EPC site to view neighbouring properties, have a look at what neighbours have had.
    https://www.epcregister.com/reportSe...yPostcode.html

Makes for interesting reading.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    started a topic New EPC is nonsense

New EPC is nonsense

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about the recent EPC I've received. I bet mine's the only flat in England with storage heaters scoring a B!

My tenant who was there for nine years used about 4000 day units and 4000 night units per year. In the year I have been pottering around repairing it, I have used 753 day units and 4400 night units. I have only had it set to about 20 degrees, and taken about 3 baths a week there.

The EPC reckons the flat will use 1333 units for space heating, and 1730 units for water heating, so that's less even than I've used while not living there!

Any thoughts?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X